High school student needs help paying rent

Find how to get help with rent
CarlQ
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

High school student needs help paying rent

Post by CarlQ »

I am 18 a full time student in high school and cannot find a job. I live with my girlfriend and she is no longer getting enough hours to cover our rent, we have tried to get rental assistance. But since we are not married our $700 rent is split and she paid 322.00 this month and me nothing. But since we are not married, and since she was the only one who was approved for help. We were given $27.00 I have called over 15 different groups from around the state, and no one has been able to help.
Marimer

Re: High school student needs help paying rent

Post by Marimer »

My husband lost his job and I don't work because I'm pregnant 6 months. We just moved into our new place a month ago. Reason we can't afford the rent is because the guy my husband worked for is moving and there for the business is relocating and he waited last minute to tell us. My husband just got a job about 2 weeks ago serving things, but it has never been this hard as he only has a GED degree. Our rent is 550 we just need the help to get us back to where we need to be. This had never happened before. Please if you can help in any way will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: High school student needs help paying rent

Post by Admin »

Most places do not have age or education discrimination or criteria in place. So you can still apply at any organization...there are no special ones to try for people with a GED or high school only education. Find our listing of resources that provide rent assistance. As you monthly payment of 550 is reasonable, so that will help in your quest for help.