House being sold so I am evicted

Find how to get help with rent
Chavez1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

House being sold so I am evicted

Post by Chavez1 »

The apartment I rent is being sold and the new owner wants to turn it into one big house, so I have to leave by March 1st, 2013. I'm currently unemployed. I went to get help with Emergency Housing and they said because I had no income, I needed to apply for Cash Assistance first... so I did. I have to go December 13th for the follow up to see what I'm going to get, etc. The guy I met with today said due to previous Mental Issues (Depression), I didn't have to go to the workshop to find a job. So basically I'm waiting until the 13th to see what I get from cash assistance. When I went to the Emergency Housing part, they gave me a form. I am supposed to bring it with when I find a place I like and the landlord is supposed to fill it out with me, describing the quality of the apartment at time or rental. The lady I spoke with told me this is for Security Deposit reasons. So basically, I'm getting help with a Security Agreement. Meaning, if I ruin the apartment, the state will pay the landlord. That's great and all, but how do I get help paying my rent each month?!? There's no way I'm going to get enough cash assistance to pay the rent, on top of phone, cable, clothing, pet food, etc... So I need to find help paying my rent each month until I find work and get myself back on my feet. How do I do it?!? Plus, the lady said the most the Security Agreement will be for, for a single adult living alone, is $325. So I have to find a place that's $325/month max too? That's going to be way to hard... There has got to be a way I can get help paying my rent for a few months until I get back on my feet...Please Help!!
Grandstrand

Re: House being sold so I am evicted

Post by Grandstrand »

Hello my fiancé and I (and our 3 dogs) have just been evicted after two years of renting from a slum-lord (which I can explain). My fiancé works part time but is only bringing in $400/month and I am currently unemployed. We have gotten all of the help we can from family and friends but due to storage, cleaning, packing, motels, etc we have ran out of money.

Seeing all that the little that we do have (especially our pets) mean too much for us to part with (please forgive me but the landlord burned our original unit down after illegally changing the gas lines back in March 2 and we lost everything including 2 cats and a frog. The landlord is selling the home now. We would love a few hotel vouchers, definitely employment and/ or education services. Thanks for your time. God bless.
Ford999

Post by Ford999 »

My landlord lost his home and it was sold, and did not notify within the 30 days of losing his home, and the new owner want me out sooner than soon. Because I was not prepared to move this year I have no savings, because I just bought new furniture. The new owner has gutted majority of the house there for there living conditions are not bearable, with roaches and different bugs crawling all over. I'm seeking to move due to the eviction, but can not come up with 1st month rent and security deposit.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe sell the new furniture you bought. Free up some cash for your other bills and rent. Then you can apply for free furniture from charities and furniture banks. As they may offer programs.
Ford999 wrote:Because I was not prepared to move this year I have no savings, because I just bought new furniture.