Family being evicted and facing homelessness

Find how to get help with rent
citi and BA
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Family being evicted and facing homelessness

Post by citi and BA »

I need assistance paying my past due rent as my landlord has given me a 5 day notice to pay or be removed from the property. The notice was sent on November 16, 2012, and is requesting I pay $1575.00 or an order to remove me from the property will be filed. Please help me pay my past due rent, before my family and I are removed with no where to go.
AngelaM

Re: Family being evicted and facing homelessness

Post by AngelaM »

Tried all (the few) local non-profit & government agencies as my daughter & I will soon be homeless. Local info line '2-1-1' suggested I try some local churches, but the two they'd referred me to haven't had funds for a while...seems everyone in/or approaching same boat we're in. Should you know of any options or immediate work in exchange for one-time rental-assistance? I'm sincerely out of options & fear the worst! Thank you in advance and all the best of Holiday Seasons!
Draghi

Post by Draghi »

Rent Assistance, I'm self employed & a single widow of 3 children. A recent project I've been working on was put on indefinite hold without any notice and I've been scrambling for nearly 2 weeks to figure out a way to sell any belongings I have to come up with my rent due on January 1st. Any assistance regarding additional info. Or resources as to where I can obtain emergency help to avoid being evicted & homeless would be greatly appreciated thank you. Kindest regards.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the project is on hold and you are guaranteed an income in 2+ weeks, then agencies are more likely to help with rent in that case. As you sound to be otherwise self-sufficient. We do have agencies listed in your DeSoto Parih area. So call around to them and see what they say, or if they have referrals. Learn more.
Denzell

Post by Denzell »

Homeless and need to rent room for 300 a month and utilities. I have job prospect the 1st of July and need to be able to have a place to shower and sleep. I have no money and no income, was turned down at social services for not have same address as my prospect of resident I was going to rent from. Now have three days to move out. I have no family and I have been sleeping in alleys and parks. Desperate!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that limited income of only a few hundred dollars, you may want to try a transitional housing site in Travis County. Especially if they are forcing you to move out in 3 days. As that is not much time to find an alternate room to rent. So locate the Austin based transitional housing programs.
Westin

Post by Westin »

Hi, I and my children will be homeless come the first week in December. At the moment me and my children stay with a friend who will no longer be staying in this city come the first week in December. I'm in need of help. I need help finding a place or funds for me and my children. I work but don't have enough funds to pay a deposit on a new place. If someone could contact me back ASAP I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

I live in Louisiana. I’m 23 and out of work due to a back injury. I live in a house with my wife and two kids. My wife does not work, and has trouble finding work due to her lack of education. We are worried about being evicted. I managed to pay off the bills for this month, but now we are out of money. Is there anything I can look into to help us out until I can recover from my injury or anything. I visited the site but I do not know much about the content. Thanks in advance,
Holly1

Post by Holly1 »

Well I have 4 kids in my family and we are homeless. I try to get help and try to get in a shelter but can't cause all the beds are full. I call everyday and night and still no help. We are sleeping in my bed. I just need help because I don't want my kids to get taken from me. They all I have and I'm all they got.
I'm a good mother just down on my luck for now and That only reason we're homeless is because I got tired of my mother and father being mean and talking down to my kids. I had to stand up for them. I don't care if they treat me like this but I'm not gone let you treat my kids like that so now we're homeless.