Housing for victim of domestic violence

Find how to get help with rent
Capella
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for victim of domestic violence

Post by Capella »

So I was living in St. George, Utah with my ex boyfriend and my two kids. He ended up physically and mentally abusing me. The last day I was there he beat me up (manager at apartments saw it) and so I packed all my things and left. I now have no job and no way to pay my rent. I was on the lease with him but I still have an obligation to pay half rent. Please help, I can't go back to him or that place but I can't afford not doing it. I need help. I am trying to look for work but so far no luck. Please help me.
BigBen1

Re: Housing for victim of domestic violence

Post by BigBen1 »

Hello could anyone assist me in rental assistance. I am in a unstable place to rest my head and finish school. I have no children but I need help so I can finish school and have a stable place to rest my head and become self-sufficient. I have no children, the place where I rest my head made sure they exalted all my means of finance so please help me so I can have a life of my own without these people who abused me. Please could any organization help me to achieve independence. In Chicago, Illinois. God please send someone to help me before I lose my mind-and this I pray in Jesus Name Amen, Amen.
Rutgers

Post by Rutgers »

I am currently homeless, living in my van in an alley. The van does not run but provides shelter. This is a result of domestic violence, which I have learned is the number one cause of homelessness in woman. I went to the only shelter in Indianapolis but have not received much help. They did pay for a weekend in a motel but I was forced back on the streets Monday morning. Winter is coming and the van will not be warm enough when temps fall below freezing. Please help me if you cam. I don’t want hand out. I just need a hand up. Just a push to get me started (I hope). Thank you,
Juker

Post by Juker »

I need help finding housing assistance. Me and my family are currently going through a very tough struggle, including staying with family but this family lately has been showing their disinterest of having people live with them at their residences. My sister gets SSI and/or DSHS benefits, and was a DV victim. I have a learning disability. Thank You so much for your help and time. You may have very well saved me and my families lives!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hello, I'm reaching out for help, I'm a single mother who just went through domestic violence, and I’m trying to make ends meet for me and my kids. I don't want to lose my house...so I'm reaching out to see if there is any way I can get help with my rent, it would help so I can make ends meet on the other bills and housing. Please let me know what I can do...you can email me back.
LizziStev

Post by LizziStev »

I have been homeless because of domestic violence. My mom likes the bottle more than me, for just about a year and need help with getting a place, job, transportation, clothing, and food. I have been trying to prove that I can do it on my own but sleeping in the woods/outside for the last few days is taking a toll.
I need a change and desperately need some guidance and assistance, if not my days are nothing but wasteful and useless.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

I recently left a domestic violence situation, got a restraining order and my husband is in jail. I have 4 kids, was able to find an apartment or housing with help of family. I have call works and they help pay half of my rent. I haven’t been able to find a job and I have timed out on the welfare to work program. I’m half short on rent and have a 3 day to pay or quit. My worker has been trying to help get housing for victims of DV but hasn’t found much. If you have any advice, please contact me.
Shapman

Post by Shapman »

I have three children and we lost our home 10/2020. We have been homeless living in various shelters and family members homes. We are currently in a domestic violence shelter located in Hennepin county MN and in need of financial help to get a new home or housing for victims of DV. it’s been several months. School is starting soon and we are in need of help to get a new place please help us.
Rudys

Post by Rudys »

Hello, I am looking for some type of help or someone that can help point me in the direction of someone who can help me with housing. I was recently at the Julian Center shelter for domestic violence and sexual assault and was only in the shelter for 5 days and was exited do to Simply being in the company of someone I had only known one day and helped carry some things up to her room for her. My advocate called me to her office the next day and informed me a phone was stolen. I did not conspire nor was I aware that the lady had stolid her roommates’ phone.
I informed my advocate of this and let her know how strongly I felt about being exited because I was found guilty by association. I ended up contacting the lady and I had proof to text messaging where she admitted to taking the phone and they exited her but still exited me the next day. They had no proof that I was involved and had video surveillance where they see me carry stuff to the door and walk off. I feel it was very unfair and they only gave me 30 minutes to gather my things and literally put me out in the street with the clothes on my back and nowhere to go.
They did not try to help assist me in finding another shelter or domestic violence shelter. They did not help provide a bus pass or cab Transportation should I be able to find a shelter myself which unfortunately I've been unable to. I had already gone through an extreme set of circumstances when arriving at the Julian Center and I feel like they have unjustly put me in an even worse position than I had been in. I am extremely exhausted dirty and hungry and would appreciate a voucher for even one or two nights just to rest and regroup and shower.
Thank You,
Brewer

Post by Brewer »

Hello my name is Ashley. I am writing in hopes to find something for housing that may help me, a victim of domestic violence. I am 30 years old single mother of one baby who is 11 months old. She’s the most important thing in the world to me. I have to establish residency and I’m currently working at Chautauqua in Owensboro Ky. I just started because I am homeless due to domestic violence.
My baby is with my mother and cps is refusing to give her back to me if I don’t establish residency asap. I could explain more on the phone if you need me too. I was at the shelter and since I have established a job and haven’t got my first paycheck yet I don’t have a home. I have completed what I need to and am still working with my therapist. But due to communal living and Covid exposure I had to choose to stay there at the shelter and find a different job or keep my income which will help with a residency hopefully sooner than later because my daughter was out in foster home first for three weeks with their investigation on the domestic violence. She exhibited stress due to never being away from me and started harming herself to the point of scabs on her head and rashes on her face. I have noticed she’s very sad and her happiness bouncy self isn’t there. I’m sure there are others who need housing assistance and in terrible situations of domestic violence. I’m at my wits end and I am looking for anything anyone could do or direct me in the right direction. Please and god bless you
Ashley
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Salvation Army has multiple centers in Kentucky, and they often help DV victims. They can help keep you safe, secure, and also give food, financial help, and other support. Maybe even some diapers and food for your baby. Find more details on Salvation Army in KY.
Brewer wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 am Hello my name is Ashley. I am writing in hopes to find something for housing that may help me, a victim of domestic violence. I am 30 years old single mother of one baby who is 11 months old. She’s the most important thing in the world to me. I have to establish residency and I’m currently working at Chautauqua in Owensboro Ky.
tiyoshi

Post by tiyoshi »

Regarding the limited emergency assistance program, I have been and am currently going through a domestic violence situation in the household I currently reside in and I need housing. My biological father (Michael) has been repeatedly physically and emotionally abusing me (Jonathan) for approximately 8 years. My biological mother, (Who is divorced to my biological father, estimated 2003) repeatedly physically, mentally, verbally, and emotionally abused me for around 10 years. (estimated) Law/Legal wise, nothing happened to my
mother nor father. My father was arrested in 2008, but bonded out and the charges were dropped. Since I started working around a year ago, (May 2021) I started to pay for room and board, which is a normal payment for most families with children above 18 that are working. My father instead of taking a certain/fixed amount, he would automatically take around 99% of my paycheck every payday. This may seem normal, but due to the current domestic situation going on, I am unable to move out/pay for a place to stay. I do not have my own car nor a license, this is due to my father refusing to take me to the DMV to take my road test. I currently cannot afford neither a car or a place to stay currently due to my father taking 99% of my paycheck per payday.
My biological father has talked about potentially kicking me out of the residence, to which he would still take my current paycheck.
If this was to occur, I would have no transport to work nor places as I need housing for victim of domestic violence.
Note, that I do suffer from: Clinical Depression, Anxiety/Social Anxiety, and Bipolar disorder.
My current plan:
• Stop automatic payments to my fathers bank.
• Save up money each paycheck.
• Take public transport to Pensacola, FL.
• Rent a small residence (apartment, condo, etc) to stay in with a roommate. (Close friend of mine lives in Pensacola, FL.)
• Possibly transfer workplaces from Clearwater, FL to Pensacola, FL.
• Get my own car and license.
• Deal with any legal issues.
I mainly need assistance with temporary housing/transport.
I would like to stay anonymous if any investigation was to be placed for my safety.
Any help and/or response would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
-Jonathan