Housing for victim of domestic violence

Find how to get help with rent
Capella
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for victim of domestic violence

Post by Capella » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 am

So I was living in St. George, Utah with my ex boyfriend and my two kids. He ended up physically and mentally abusing me. The last day I was there he beat me up (manager at apartments saw it) and so I packed all my things and left. I now have no job and no way to pay my rent. I was on the lease with him but I still have an obligation to pay half rent. Please help, I can't go back to him or that place but I can't afford not doing it. I need help. I am trying to look for work but so far no luck. Please help me.

BigBen1

Re: Housing for victim of domestic violence

Post by BigBen1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Hello could anyone assist me in rental assistance. I am in a unstable place to rest my head and finish school. I have no children but I need help so I can finish school and have a stable place to rest my head and become self-sufficient. I have no children, the place where I rest my head made sure they exalted all my means of finance so please help me so I can have a life of my own without these people who abused me. Please could any organization help me to achieve independence. In Chicago, Illinois. God please send someone to help me before I lose my mind-and this I pray in Jesus Name Amen, Amen.

Rutgers

Post by Rutgers » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:09 pm

I am currently homeless, living in my van in an alley. The van does not run but provides shelter. This is a result of domestic violence, which I have learned is the number one cause of homelessness in woman. I went to the only shelter in Indianapolis but have not received much help. They did pay for a weekend in a motel but I was forced back on the streets Monday morning. Winter is coming and the van will not be warm enough when temps fall below freezing. Please help me if you cam. I don’t want hand out. I just need a hand up. Just a push to get me started (I hope). Thank you,

Juker

Post by Juker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 pm

I need help finding housing assistance. Me and my family are currently going through a very tough struggle, including staying with family but this family lately has been showing their disinterest of having people live with them at their residences. My sister gets SSI and/or DSHS benefits, and was a DV victim. I have a learning disability. Thank You so much for your help and time. You may have very well saved me and my families lives!

Hilton

Post by Hilton » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:11 am

Hello, I'm reaching out for help, I'm a single mother who just went through domestic violence, and I’m trying to make ends meet for me and my kids. I don't want to lose my house...so I'm reaching out to see if there is any way I can get help with my rent, it would help so I can make ends meet on the other bills and housing. Please let me know what I can do...you can email me back.

LizziStev

Post by LizziStev » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 pm

I have been homeless because of domestic violence. My mom likes the bottle more than me, for just about a year and need help with getting a place, job, transportation, clothing, and food. I have been trying to prove that I can do it on my own but sleeping in the woods/outside for the last few days is taking a toll.
I need a change and desperately need some guidance and assistance, if not my days are nothing but wasteful and useless.

Pantene

Post by Pantene » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:12 am

I recently left a domestic violence situation, got a restraining order and my husband is in jail. I have 4 kids, was able to find an apartment or housing with help of family. I have call works and they help pay half of my rent. I haven’t been able to find a job and I have timed out on the welfare to work program. I’m half short on rent and have a 3 day to pay or quit. My worker has been trying to help get housing for victims of DV but hasn’t found much. If you have any advice, please contact me.