Security deposit from section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Brees
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Security deposit from section 8

Post by Brees »

I just recently got a section8 voucher and I really need help with the deposit which is 1,300 dollars. I now live in San Francisco CA but I am moving to Oakland California. This is my first time doing this so I am not sure as to how it works. Thank you in advance for any response and you have yourself a very blessed day. Call or email me please.
HarryS

Re: Security deposit from section 8

Post by HarryS »

I'm emailing for a friend of mine who lives on Ohio. Her Landlord canceled her monthly lease with no reason given and now has to move to a new house within the next month, I believe. She now has a security deposit for $550.00 and has no idea how she can come up with it. She is already on section 8. I was just wondering if there is any program, agency, organization or charity that could help her out. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Namco

Post by Namco »

I need help with my security deposit. I'm on section 8 and my security deposit was $1,400. I paid $1,200 already but I don't have the 200 to give him. But I already moved in he wanted all the deposit before I moved in and now I'm in and don't know how I'm go to get the $200 to pay him, and he trusts me. Don't know what to do?
Merril

Post by Merril »

I am a single mother of 3 school-aged children. A very bright 8 year old daughter and an adventurous son who is 12. I am in need of assistance with a security deposit on a house that I was just approved for through the section 8 program. Me and my two children has been living in subsidized apartments through Greater Dayton Property Management for almost 6 years now and I have been struggling to provide them with better living standards. Over the years I have managed to go to school and work jobs. I do work an IT job but I don't have enough to put down a deposit and take care of home needs as far as shoes for kids and other bills. If someone can help I would appreciate it Thank you so very much for being a supporter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were approved for section 8 housing then what do you need? Deposit funds? Just call the agency that approved you and ask about that. They would be by far the best place to call in Dayton Ohio. We do have contact information for agencies if you need it. Case managers can advise on rental assistance, the section 8 vouchers, and other options for you. Click more details.
Goldman

Post by Goldman »

Hello,
I am a case manager and PSR worker for a family currently looking for help with a rental house deposit. They have been approved for Section 8 which is great, but are now struggling to find the money for the deposit. They are a family of 10 with an income that consists of the wife's SSI ($710) per month and also food stamps. They are currently located off Five Mile and Ustick, but planning on moving into a house off of Hickory and Thompson Street. If you know of any organizations that may be able to assist in this type of donation, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Gamrakein

Post by Gamrakein »

I was living in a shelter in Camden New Jersey, Social services told me that in order for them to help me with security deposit and first months rent that I had to get a job... so I found a job. The apartment complex said they need to see four weekly pay stubs, which I had. As soon as I turned in my client/landlord paper for section 8 my social worker then told me that she had to deny my apartment and I could no longer receive assistance because I work.
She's the one who told me to get a job... now I am homeless because they told me because I work I had to leave the shelter and I’m living (barely) place to place and washing up in my jobs bathroom carrying a book bag of clothes with me incase I don’t have anywhere to go.
I need help, I’m begging for help... I can sustain paying rent but this security deposit and first months rent is too much for me to handle and I am feeling hopeless I have been homeless from the shelter since December 19, 2013 and have a letter to verify. Please help me.
elliott

Post by elliott »

Hello,
I am writing on behalf of my mother. She is disabled and homeless. Through complicated reason I am unable to give her the help she needs, and she is waiting on section 8. I need help finding her a place to live and getting her the money for the deposit for the section 8 to get into said place. I am truly desperate and don't know what to do. Please give me some info to help her ASAP.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Does your disabled mom have a source of income, as section 8 is income based housing. So she does need to contribute towards future rental costs and energy bills, food, etc. If she does, then one of the agencies may have referrals or a few dollars to contribute towards the security deposit on section 8 housing. Also, she can ask HUD offices for referrals for a deposit, as they may have suggestions too.
elliott wrote:I am writing on behalf of my mother. She is disabled and homeless. I need help finding her a place to live and getting her the money for the deposit for the section 8 to get into said place. I am truly desperate and don't know what to do. Please give me some info to help her ASAP.
Thank you,
Evaluation

Post by Evaluation »

I am on section 8. I am moving on September the 23rd. Everything is taking care of except my security deposit. I been on my computer and calling places and no one have any funds and some don't pay for it.
My daughter pond her computer and got 100 dollar bill. My deposit is 400 which is now 300 dollar.
I try family and did not get any where but my son is paying for the u-haul truck that is good. I am 51 years and have a disability and I have medicare and OHP insurance.
I really really need help the deposit. I try to do everything we could and not pond my computer. It is a old one. I can show you any paper you want to see or do you know some one who have funds and could help? Please thank you.
BillOR

Post by BillOR »

I am 5 year disabled and I have moved to Georgia from Louisiana. I have no family there. I have section 8 but because I ported it out to GA I have been without a place to live scene December 12th of 2016 as I need the security deposit money.
My section 8 is still active. I have even for a place but I have no money for the utility’s to be turned on, no money for the renters insurance they require, no money to bring me and my kids belongings out of storage in Shreveport, no money for lodging and I don't have a place to lay my head now. I used my resources for lodging through the bad weather a few weeks ago.
I have been staying in my car at the truck stop for about 10 days now while I wait on section 8. As it stands I may have to stay here till the first when I get my SSI. But I have no food. I need help. All I have is a cell phone. And help you can give me I would greatly appreciate. Thank you and May God bless you?
Pat19

Post by Pat19 »

Hi, I am 20 years old and pregnant with my first child. I just got accepted for section 8 housing, however I am required to come up with the money to pay move in deposit costs and I do not have income since I'm not working at the moment. If there is any way you could help me give my child a healthy start I would be eternally grateful. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

20 year old with a pregnancy and no money and no job. You may want to look into other options, like living with family. As what you are doing is not sustainable. But as far as the rent deposit help in San Jose, you have options. But doubt they will assist without an income or prospects.
Pat19 wrote:Hi, I am 20 years old and pregnant with my first child. I just got accepted for section 8 housing, however I am required to come up with the money to pay move in deposit costs and I do not have income since I'm not working at the moment. If there is any way you could help me give my child a healthy start I would be eternally grateful. Thank you
SARALUVV

Post by SARALUVV »

The homeless HCC program graduated me 12/31/21 and will not further help me with the security deposit on section 8 homes. I injured my back while trying to pack and I need help the community based attendant services I qualified for were cancelled 4 times because they did not have anyone available. I reported it to my dad’s case worker and aps twice in the past 10 days, but they still cannot help
Because of the injury I spent $254 on medical transportation and $250 on apartment application fees and postage trying to find a subsidized apartment.
I have no money to pay the security deposit for section 8 and I will lose the apartment without the $200 payment Saturday Jan 26
I have no way to move my belongings it is dangerous for me to be lifting or attempting to drive I have been told not to do this by the dry
Aps and the dad’s community services worker know this, but they are not helping I have been denied help by salvation army catholic charities multiple other churches charities and assistance programs
At first aps said they would pay the deposit, move fees and first month then the workers supervisor said no with no reason. I was given her servitors phone number, but she will not return my phone call. I called the hotline again. With no return case worker call
I need help. Please reply.