No car, pregnant wife, and need rental assistance

Find how to get help with rent
Shauna Mac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No car, pregnant wife, and need rental assistance

Post by Shauna Mac »

Hi there I need help paying for rent and I don't know where to turn to. I have been unemployed for a sometime now and have no reliable car or person to take me to work if I even get a job. The hard part is that I am going to go back to school soon and my wife and I are unemployed and we have no car to get where we want to go. I am staying at my parent’s house until I figure something out and the wife doesn’t want to work because she is pregnant. So what should I do?
Louis

Re: No car, pregnant wife, and need rental assistance

Post by Louis »

I'm on the verge of getting kicked out of my apartment. I have a 10 month old son, no car to my name and his father was the only one working. He's currently serving 45 days for a contempt of court charge. He was the sole provider for the house but since he's in jail I have absolute no way of paying rent. I've been looking for work everyday but today I just received a notice to show up in court to start the eviction process. If you can help me by pointing me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it. Thank you.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Dear Sir or Madam:
Thank you for sending me multiple sources for rent arrears assistance. Unfortunately, none of them panned out. The telephone reps at some of these organizations and agencies were ultra-aloof, and I felt as though I was talking to "brick walls!" I can't even drive to see them either as I don't have a car. The actual amount of arrears I owe my landlord is $465.01, I fell behind in my rent payments due to rising costs of other bills. As of last month I have been paying my full rent, and adding additional $$$ towards the arrears. I am under great stress and need financial assistance to pay the arrears in full expeditiously before legal proceedings are engaged against me. PLEASE help me!
Thanks,
WilBoom

Post by WilBoom »

I am 19 years old and pregnant. I live with my mother who draws a disability check and my 13 year old brother in a motel in Brunswick, GA. We were evicted from our apartment after my father illegally stopped paying child support. We have been living in said motel for a few weeks and my moms disability check has reach the end balance until she receives Septembers' check. I have a job interview on Tuesday the 19 but that is a day after our rent is due for the week. Our rent for a week is $230.00. We have tried every other outreach, including pregnancy focused programs, but have been turned away so far. As soon as I get this job we will be able to pay our rent and hopefully move into another apartment or house soon. If you can help, please help as soon as possible. My entire family will be forever thankful. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hotel and/or motel room assistance is very rare in Glynn County Georgia. If you are going to miss the bill by one day, talk to the motel manager now. Maybe they can wait a day for you to pay them that money. Then as soon as you get that next pay check, pay the motel owner first and foremost. We also have information on shelters in Brunswick, GA that you can explore in case that idea falls through. As there are also shelters for pregnant women too. Here are options for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
WilBoom wrote:I am 19 years old and pregnant. I live with my mother who draws a disability check and my 13 year old brother in a motel in Brunswick, GA.