Rental assistance for handicapped

Find how to get help with rent
LesterH
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rental assistance for handicapped

Post by LesterH »

I'm confined to a wheelchair and I've been residing in a friend’s home for over 3-years now. Unfortunately for me he now wants me to move out. My problem is I don't receive enough money to pay my bills, eat put gas in my vehicle and get my own place to live. I would really prefer not to live in a ghetto or any similar places because being confined to a wheelchair for me. I believe is difficult enough without having to fear for my life in a bad area. I would like to find a home I could either rent to own or get assistance to purchase. But it would also need to be handicap accessible. I also am in need of other assistance with bills and I would need a lot of assistance with moving if given the help with locating a place of my own. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rental assistance for handicapped

Post by Admin »

There is a government funded housing program for the disabled. It is called section 811. Basically people are provided a voucher that they can use to help pay their rent. They will still need to pay some of it on their own, but the voucher is basically a subsidy. The only downside is that there is usually a long waiting list as the program is in high demand. The program even does have a purchase component too, and you can read more on it. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... sable.html
Tweet

Post by Tweet »

I need help with paying my rent. I live in Greeley Colorado. I was off a few day's of work because of the flood and I’m $400 Short on my rent. I have called 211 and they connected me with the Weld county 211 info line. I talked to a lady named and she said that nobody in Greeley help's with rent. Then I asked her where I could get a food box and sent referred me to Journey church however they only let people come in on Thursday from 10am to 12pm. Unfortunately I cant take off of work to go get a food box.
I have 2 daughter's to support, one is handicapped. A lot is at stake if I go homeless. My boss is also trying to get me more hours however there is only so much they can do. I have consistently been putting in job application's for a better job that's closer to home since November.
Nobody here in Greeley will hire me. I’m struggling with my car as well. It keeps overheating and it needs tires, oil change and probably a tune up. It's going to blow up soon and there's not a thing I can do. I’ve done all I know to do to get help. I have even applied for food stamps in Weld county and they lost my application and I have to start over. I have not once been able to go grocery shopping. Neighbor's and my boss give me extra food when they can however there’s only so much they can do. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Is my number and that bill is late as well. It may be shut off soon. If you call and I don't answer please leave me a message. Thanks.
Midway

Post by Midway »

Florida - I am in need of help paying my rent for June as well as my Electric bill that is a month overdue. I am recently separated from the military and in process of moving in order to start school. I am receiving unemployment and disability benefits, however I was already behind and the funds are not enough to catch up before my electric is cut off. My rent for June is late and I already owe my landlord late fees from May on top of June rent. Is there anything way I can get some additional assistance?
Claudette Term

Post by Claudette Term »

We are currently going through a lawsuit to secure a trust that is supposed to be helping pay for my living expenses due to being handicapped. Because the trustee of said trust has not been doing his duty, we are behind on our rent, but have collected some money to pay, the leftover is ~$835 to stop our eviction.
BillyJean

Post by BillyJean »

I work full time with a Wal Mart branch in Poway, CA. I just received a 3 days’ notice to pay $805 or quit In Poway, CA. Worker pay has been sporadic, my rent is $1545 a month.
I have been paying what I can, my wife is handicapped, have a 20 year old daughter that does not work. She does take care of her mom, my work is about 2 miles from here which helps out tremendously. My hours are long and I have been relying on my wife to keep our cost down, I did not realize I was that far behind.