Need housing assistance homeless

Find how to get help with rent
Oneistheonly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need housing assistance homeless

Post by Oneistheonly »

Need housing assistance or motel vouchers. We lost our jobs and our housing at the motel where our job was paying for it but now they don't cover family's with kids already applied for assistance and don't know when it's going to go through. I spent my last check on rooms and now I'm broke and don't have money to buy my son a gift for Christmas. And we are not from Eureka so we don't have family and friends.
TiciaPeck

Post by TiciaPeck »

Hi! I am homeless and I live in Tulare County. I met with someone who said I fall into the rapid rehousing program but I haven't heard anything back. It's been about 3 months since I met with her. I'm not sure who to contact. Also I have been on section 8 waiting list for four years. Could you please check for me when I will hear from someone? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can try a shelter or a transitional housing unit. Both of them may get you and your family to a safe place...at least for a night or two and maybe even longer.
Oneistheonly wrote: We lost our jobs and our housing at the motel where our job was paying for it but now they don't cover family's with kids already applied for assistance and don't know when it's going to go through. I spent my last check on rooms and now I'm broke.
Mechanic

Post by Mechanic »

Hello I am in Waterford NY and need housing assistance.
I have recently been forced out of my home from a disaster. I was renting an apartment and the roof has caved in which is not livable for the time being it is condemned until the repairs are finished which will take months. Red Cross has helped us with a motel but tonight is my last night. I don't know what else to do.   I've tried DSS and no one can help or the landlord either ... I need help.