Me and roommate behind on our rent

Find how to get help with rent
Raposa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Me and roommate behind on our rent

Post by Raposa »

I am a single mother of three. I recently lost my job and I am struggling to make ends meet. I applied for food stamps and cash assistance but still waiting on a response from them , it’s been over a month now. I have other source of income beside my unemployment check which I am supposed to get twice a month , that's not even enough but I am thankful in a way for having something rather than nothing. I desperately need help with paying for my rent which is 1230.00 I roommate with someone else so my half of the rent 615.00.Some days I go hungry just to have enough food for my kids to eat when they get out of school. I have been seeking employment every single day and that's been a tough one for me. So please whomever is reading this, please find it in your heart to try to help me in any kind of way. I will gladly appreciate it. Thank you.
LtDan

Re: Me and roommate behind on our rent

Post by LtDan »

I am in desperate need of help. I live on SSA and only get 680.00 per month. With 4 roommates, I have been able to be 1/3 of rent and 1/3 of electric and water. One room mate up and left with no notice. I am in a huge mess because the extra 340.00 that we now have to absorb is just not possible for me. I am on a waiting list to get into a low income (poverty) efficiency where I will only pay 30% of my check, no utilities. Until then however, I need help. Right now my water is in shut off status. Also, I am very ill, waiting on a transplant and get sick several times a day. I can't imagine how I could get through day to day without level. I also have to constantly drink water and can't buy it because I have exhausted my food stamps for the month. I owe 2 months to the water, totaling 304.00 Is there any possible way you can help me. I would have asked sooner but just returned from New York, as I lost my Mother. Had no idea that the room mate that left had not paid water. If there is any way you can help, I would be forever in your debt. Thank-you in advance.
Ju Jansen

Post by Ju Jansen »

I recently just moved into my own apartment with my 11 month old son and a roommate. We came from the Hildabarg homeless prevention center. They helped me get my place. I have been having a really hard time and I Need some extra help this month to pay my rent. I work hard to try and provide for me and my son its just difficult this month. Is there anyway you could help me with rental assistance please.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

To Whom It May Concern,
My roommate and I are in dire straits. We are both in our late 40’s. I have been unemployed since before Christmas 2012. All of my unemployment resources are depleted and I have no job prospects here in Nevada. My room ate is only working part-time as it is the only hours currently available. We are facing eviction November 21st. Also our utilities, Internet and phone (to find jobs) will be shut off the end of this week or early next week.
Please assist us to prevent us from being homeless, and food deprived.
Thanks,
Chavez2

Post by Chavez2 »

I am from Passaic New Jersey and in look of a little help on paying rent because right now I don't have a job. I am 18 years old and one of my main problem is that my girl is pregnant and I need a place so me and her can live. I am looking for a job and somewhere to live but rent in New jersey are really expensive. I am willing to move either in New jersey or New York if you guys can please help me. I just want a better living for my girlfriend and my unborn baby. If you guys can help I'll really appreciate it. I just need some help on paying rent. Thanks.
Girl34

Post by Girl34 »

This month my roommate is moving and I'll be left with a full rent ($650) per month. I am disabled with an incurable neurological disorder and also low income SAD $980 per month. I am afraid that I'll end up on the street if I don't get help such as section 811 or section 8 which ever works quicker. Please help....
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, section 8 is not quick. Maybe try the emergency service? But based on what you described, we doubt that will help you too. But we have tons of information about HUD and the program on the site. Read it, and find section 8 near you.
Girl34 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:18 am I am afraid that I'll end up on the street if I don't get help such as section 811 or section 8 which ever works quicker. Please help....