Need help to stop eviction

Find how to get help with rent
foruandii
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need help to stop eviction

Post by foruandii »

I am a single mother of twin boys. I work/school both PT. I just moved into our own apartment for the first time in years. We only been here a few weeks. I was expecting a check from IRS and with the address change its out there floating around somewhere. I have called every place that even offers assistance. I even went to a church yesterday and spoke with a pastor for couple hours trying to get help to pay my rent. No luck yet. Please someone anyone help me and my boys. I will even pay it back. I have never asked for help online and am not sure what to expect but i can only try. I don't know what else to do. I need to pay $849.90 total. My 72 hr notice was up at midnight last night 10/12/12 but since our apartment office isn't open on weekends i have til Monday morning 10/15/12 before 8AM to pay.
Tony Hawkins

Re: Need help to stop eviction

Post by Tony Hawkins »

My daughter, husband and I am in desperate need of help. I don't know where to turn. I only have one family member in OK and they are unable to help me. My rent is late and if I can't pay by Friday they are going to start eviction process. I've just moved here in November of last year. My electric has a cut off notice but I think I can call and hold them off a week.
I haven't worked in a year. I have so many back issues, but I recently got a job at jiffy trip on the night shift. I'm only getting 24 hours a week right now. My husband had been working on building a house that had burned down during the last fires, until the owner ran out if money and hasn't paid him the two months he is owed. Plus kept husband tools. The worst about that situation, is its his uncle!! I'm so desperate for help. I was told maybe a church could help me or would know someone that could. Could you please help or point me in the direction if someone that could? Thank you so very much.
Glass One

Post by Glass One »

Hello how are you? I'm 19 years old with two kids. A 3 year and a 2 year old. I need assistance with my rent that $675.00 that's due on the 27th of this month. I live in St Petersburg Florida.
I have a job. I'm not on section or anything and I have a job but I just got paid and I put money down on security deposit but I don't get paid again until the 5th. I really need to keep a place over my kids head. Please email me back. Thank you and god bless.
Rachel Fight

Post by Rachel Fight »

I am being evicted because I had to leave my apartment due to the new owners ignoring my constant complaints and requests in regards to fixing our elevator. I have extremely bad asthma and ended up fainting a few times while going up the stairs. Worried and mad I left, while I was gone my cousin was in my apartment and they "served" her without stating who they were and also ignored the fact that she said she was not me and they needed to give the papers to me directly. Once I was already home over a week I checked my mail and the second letter had come saying I was already in default because I didn't respond. My cousin did not want me to know she was in my home so she didn't tell me about the papers not knowing what they were. Once I asked her if she had been here and she admit it I asked about the process that he took. It was completely illegal.
The company has not returned anyone in the buildings calls, they have returned checks that were perfectly good, they have even lost a person’s check completely and it was cashed at a liquor store. The health department just came to meet me and check around for mold due to me not being able to even breathe while I'm in the halls so I guess you could say I have a case started against the company. Because of the air being so bad here, I have not been able to do my normal job which is dog sitting. I have been having dogs here but have to pay a neighbor to walk them all for me. That also is why I can't even afford the rent that they are now trying to raise up to 1,300 from 1,045!
Please let me know what you can suggest that I do about this, I cannot stand the idea of losing my home. I suffer from agoraphobia so it is very hard for me to live a "normal" life and the idea of moving is paralyzing. This all could have been avoided had they just listened when I asked about the elevator almost 2 months ago. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you have a job, that improves your chances to get emergency rent help in St. Petersburg. As the government and/or charities are more likely to offer funds. And $675 is not a ton of money....may need to go to more than one agency though.
Glass One wrote:Hello how are you? I'm 19 years old with two kids. A 3 year and a 2 year old. I need assistance with my rent that $675.00 that's due on the 27th of this month. I live in St Petersburg Florida.
I have a job. I'm not on section or anything and I have a job but I just got paid and I put money down on security deposit but I don't get paid again until the 5th. I really need to keep a place over my kids head. Please email me back. Thank you and god bless.
esminka

Post by esminka »

I'm about to be evicted from my home and want to stop it. I have a nine year old boy. I am bipolar and lost my job awhile ago been doing odd jobs but can't get good work right now. My girlfriend lost her job because she has been ill with cancer and had to have surgery so missed work. Now we just need some help until hear from jobs we applied.
I've tried hard to take care of my family get my world turned around from trouble from my disorder. I just need some help to stay on my feet so my life doesn't go back down hill. My son needs a home and assistance office won't help. We have no where to go if you do not stop the eviction. If someone out there can please help me stay a float I pray you will. I only have few days and I will be homeless.