Help with rent

Find how to get help with rent
amw7609
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help with rent

Post by amw7609 »

Like a lot of folks, I'm part of what's called the working poor. I got paid this past Friday, and my check wasn't enough to cover a lot of my obligations. This month, I also have car registration due, and extra bill to say the least. I am trying to pay off old debt and keep a roof over my head, but it's so difficult. I am over extended with a repayment to the state for an over payment of unemployment benefits from last year as well as small loans (of which I had to take out to keep afloat), but now that I'm not making as much money as I was previously,so I am not able to come up with my rent.

I wanted to know if there are some places in the North Alabama area that can issue temporary assistance so that I do not fall severely behind on rent.

Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with rent

Post by Admin »

We have Alabama covered and have lists of agencies to call for financial assistance, possible rent help, food, advice, and social services. Some of the agencies are charities, and others are government programs. Click here to find details. Statewide resources are listed at the top of the page. Midway down and towards the bottom are lists of local counties and towns. So explore this page, and the entire site as we have thousands of agencies and programs listed.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

I recently separated from my husband and me and my two children moved out and into our own apartment. One is 5 years old in kindergarten and One is 3. I used my tax money to move and my paycheck to buy food. After I had already went food shopping I had received food stamps. My rent is $620.00 a month. I have $250.00 on hand for my rent. I should be receiving unemployment soon but my rent is due on the 1st. If someone can please call me I would gratefully appreciate it. Thank you god bless.
Rachel Fight

Post by Rachel Fight »

I live in Jackson MS. I'm a single mother of 2 children ages. I'm in a relationship where the guys abuses me emotional. And currently told me I need to leave. I want to leave but I don't have anywhere to go.
My mother messed up my credit when I was 22 so it's hard to get an apartment. I work at Oxford Health care for the past 3 years where I bring home $500 every 2 week. I also receive SSI for my son who is disabled. Basically what I need is help and a prayer. If in any way you can help me please call or email me back.
Please I really need help. Or we are going to end up on the street. And I'm a great mother I just need help. If you can or know anyone who can help please reach out. Thank you and God bless!
PandaUpdate

Post by PandaUpdate »

I'm in need of rental assistance. I'm facing an eviction at this time. My water has be cut off and my lights are scheduled to be cut of next week. I start a new job on the 9th March but I really need help paying mainly my rent. I really don't want to be homeless. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So if you get rent help, will that free up your income for the lights that are due? So you need one or the other. As there are many agencies that offer help with rental costs, but they do want to see stability before they assist. Or try a homeless prevention program too.
PandaUpdate wrote:I'm in need of rental assistance. I'm facing an eviction at this time. My water has be cut off and my lights are scheduled to be cut of next week. I start a new job on the 9th March but I really need help paying mainly my rent. I really don't want to be homeless. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks.