I am living in a tent

Find how to get help with rent
Tyler Han
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am living in a tent

Post by Tyler Han »

I was temporarily laid off, I did take another job so as not to be on unemployment, but it was at $600 a month less than I was previously making. My rent was $665. I have since lost my apartment and have been living in a tent. I was hired full time and will be making more money, but I can't come up with the upfront money to get an apartment. I need security deposit and 1st month’s rent. I am 46 years old and have never been in this position before.
Raposa

Re: I am living in a tent

Post by Raposa »

I am a mother of 3 children and recently went through an eviction and suit with my last landlord due to being off work for two months last summer and not being able to get caught up. My children and I have been staying with some relatives but are basically homeless. I am working again but my wages are being garnished by my last landlord. I really need some help. Winter is coming and living in a camper with a tent and it will get really cold!
Hornet

Post by Hornet »

Good afternoon!
I have been homeless and living in a tent in Iowa. I recently may have found a house to rent but I am running across a problem with funds. They are requiring rent plus deposit and the electric company wants a 300.00 deposit. My problem is I don't have 1200.00 for all of it. Is there any kind of assistance I can get to help get me out of the cold and in a nice warm house before winter comes. Please help!! Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Obviously it is not idea to live in a tent. Look for other options for a roof and/or hot meal, clothes and more. One option is to look into a homeless shelter.