Find how to get help with rent
Romney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent help for people stricken with poverty

Post by Romney »

To Whom It May Concern-
I am a single mother of 2 minor children residing in Broward County. I am living in a family unit with my parents as my mother is disabled, out of work, cannot work and is sick as well. I live with them to help with her care. My father and I work as many hours as possible, and are facing homelessness and hunger. We are living not even paycheck to paycheck, that is considered a luxury right now. I am in dire need of help. I don't know where or how the next rent payment is going to get paid, or when the next time being able to go grocery shopping. I am scared that my children and I will be on the streets with nowhere to go or anyone to turn to. We are all each other has, and have no other options. Income is well below poverty level, and struggle every month to pay bills, wondering which one to pay, which one is a priority. I came upon this website and am reaching out for help. I have never been in a situation like this and am losing sleep over what is happening. I am scared, to my core, a fear I have never known before. I need help, for the sake of my children. Please help us. Any resources, numbers, contact people, please. I will do whatever it takes to help my family.
McDonald

Re: Rent help for people stricken with poverty

Post by McDonald »

To Whom It May Concern:
I am an indigent adult living in poverty and am looking for a one-time rental assistance for the month of September. It was been a traumatic month, and I know that this email is coming rather late. However, I am renting a room in Cleveland Ohio, and my landlord and his mother, depend on my portion of the rent to pay theirs. The way the situation has been described to me, we will all be out of house and home if I am not able to come up with September's rent. The two, the mother and son, may be able to move in with a relative. However, I Will have no place to go. Again, I know this email is coming extremely late, and that resources are scarce. However, if you would be able to provide a one-time $700 rent assistance voucher of some-kind, I would truly appreciate it. Please respond as promptly as possible. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.
Gekko 23

Post by Gekko 23 »

My family and I are going through a really tough time in our lives right now. Me and my kids are having to move and have nowhere to go in Michigan. I draw social security and can't afford the rental prices. My credit is horrible so can't buy a house. I have thought every way possible and nothing helps. We are on a section 8 waiting list. We live in a single wide trailer now but our landlord is making us move by October 29th. The trailor is too old and I can’t afford to move it. I have 4 kids, 2 boys and a baby girl. As a mother I am asking for your help. I fear that we are going to be homeless. This is very embarrassing but it’s worth a try. Thanks for reading.
JJackson

Post by JJackson »

My boyfriend, our child and I live with my mother. She lets us live here for free but she also has my two brothers, her boyfriend and my cousin here. There are only three people in the house that have jobs and are able to pay the bills. We have one car to get everyone that works to their jobs. We hardly scrap by each month and often have to pay at the least two late fee's a month on the bills. The adults in the house that don't have jobs (and our facing poverty) have been applying and making calls to many jobs but we've all been turned down repeatedly because of lack of experience and I'm pregnant so no one really wants to hire me. Our rent is $890 a month but we're really behind, we just made a payment 2 weeks ago but the rent is due again in the next week and a half. If we don't pay on time this month we're facing eviction.
Callie

Post by Callie »

Hello, my parents are currently on the verge of being evicted as they live in poverty and are stricken with it. Last year in December my dad had a stroke and fell on hard times as temporary disability didn't pay that well. I have tried to help them as much as I can with bills and food but we just found out his temporary disability ended last month and there is a 6 month waiting period before he gets approved for permanent disability and can receive payments from them. I just don't really know where to go to or who to talk to about getting help for this poverty situation. My dads doctor recommended we look at this page. They need help paying rent and utilities. They can use all the help they can get right now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since your parents live in Philadelphia, there are rent assistance programs there. Both for the city and the county. We have them listed here, at rental assistance programs in Philadelphia.
There are government agencies, charities in Philly, and many other options.
Callie wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:31 am Hello, my parents are currently on the verge of being evicted as they live in poverty and are stricken with it. Last year in December my dad had a stroke and fell on hard times as temporary disability didn't pay that well. I have tried to help them as much as I can with bills and food but we just found out his temporary disability ended last month and there is a 6 month waiting period before he gets approved for permanent disability and can receive payments from them.