Denied government housing

Find how to get help with rent
Orangatang
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Denied government housing

Post by Orangatang »

I am 62 year old; permanently disabled and vegetate. I live on $828 per month SSI and food stamps. I pay $750 rent, approximately $60/month utilities. I am receiving seasonal help through the LIHEAP program. Seattle Housing Authorities denied me the subsidized housing because I have refused to accept the claustrophobic and absolutely inadequate slum that they offered me. They also denied me the initially agreed Section 8 program because I'm too old (they wrote me). Now, I’m facing to either electricity disconnection or eviction. Everybody offer just a bunch of nonworking advices, but nobody would really help. I couldn’t live like this any longer, and need the help with my rent, which in turn would allow me to pay for my utilities.
Immelt1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Denied government housing

Post by Immelt1 »

I live in Monroe County NY. I need help with housing for me and my 2 year old son before February 1st. I am living with a friend his lease is up February 1st and we will have no where to go. DSS is opening a case for us but I need a place to stay until my case opens and they can find a home for us. If there is anything you can do to help please let me know thank you.