Kids are in a shelter

Find how to get help with rent
Manis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Kids are in a shelter

Post by Manis »

Hey everyone, my friend, her husband and her 3 kids have fell into some hard times lately. I got them into a shelter for now and I bought the kids some clothes, I take the mom to school and back all week. I'm asking for any kind of help you can give this family. She is the strongest person I know and I look up to her for all she's gone through and to still be smiling and maintaining till something falls through for them. The little girl wears 3T she is 5 years old. The son is 8 and has severe ADD. He wears size 10/12 boys shirts and same in pants, he is into all the boy stuff. The oldest boy is 8 and he wears 14/16 clothes and he loves kittens and dogs. I will have to check and see what size shoes they wear. I am trying to make sure they start school just fine and having self confidence, anything you can give to help out would be great. Or if you have anything cheap for sale in Boston that I could possibly get it. I have 4 myself kids so it’s hard to get for all, but I really want to help this family and make them feel special :-) thanks in advance.
Eichorn
anti spam: Blue

Re: Kids are in a shelter

Post by Eichorn »

I'm currently living with family. Can't stay with them for much longer for the time they gave me to stay is about to expire. I am a single parent mother and need assistance as soon as possible if such resource is necessary and can be granted onto me. I'm only looking for a start at least 2 to three months help as I plan to be much independent in a much sooner time frame. I believe in giving chances and just like I need the help someone else might come behind needing the same help and so my plan is to have such opportunity granted to me as soon as possible, so that I can in turn allow someone to be bless. My deadline to move is the 04/20/2013. Thanks in advance for your help and concern. Look forward to a reply in the not so distance future. This could also help me to keep my daughter as her father intends to take me to court to have her since I'm not living alone at this currently time. Thanks again for all your help.
Prop8

Post by Prop8 »

To Whom It May Concern:
I am hoping you may be able to assist me or point me in the right direction. I am currently on disability due to lupus. I am in the process of trying to obtain Social Security Benefits. My husband was laid off about a year ago and has been unable to find new employment. Welfare is no longer assisting with our rent. If we do not complete our rent, our landlord will begin eviction proceedings. We are a family of five. We have two boys, 6 and 8 and a daughter. If we are evicted we will have to go to a shelter. I don't want my children to have to experience a shelter if we can help it. The shelter we would be sent to is in Camden, NJ. Any assistance or information that may assisted. Is greatly appreciated. We live in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can point you in the right direction for sure, and provide referrals and other information. We never want to see people in a shelter. There are several so called transitional housing programs in your area. The staff there can usually help people apply for social security, disability and other benefits in Bergen County. That goes without saying anything about the short term housing units. Start the process early though as there may be waiting lists. Continue reading and get more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... short.html