Fight eviction and my legal rights

Find how to get help with rent
S wozak
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fight eviction and my legal rights

Post by S wozak »

I received lease termination papers that say I have to vacate by September 23 2012. My family has lived here for 15 yrs, the new landlord has written all old lease infractions and said I was getting unemployment when I wasn’t I was filing but did not get it. The owner had a meeting with me to go over files that I found in dumpster in front of my apartment. The file had all my mother’s personal info in it since I was refused to give him the file they have been harassing me ever since. I have documents to prove what I say. So I need to talk to someone about what I need to do legally.
Kevin L

Re: Fight eviction and my legal rights

Post by Kevin L »

I need help paying my rent which is $912.00. I have two children ages 2 and 1 years old. I'm currently unemployed but I am trying to work something out with my old employers and my landlord so I could possibly go back to work for them.
My children and I have a hereditary blood disorder similar to sickle cell called Hereditary Spherocytosis. It sometimes effects me working due to my children needing to be hospitalized. I would really appreciate if you could help me pay my rent or point me into the direction of another place that can give us advice on what we can legally due to fight this eviction. I stay in a low income subsidized apartment known as Pontiac Housing Commission, in Pontiac, Mi. Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Legal aid may definitely help in your case as you are dealing with multiple challenges. There are firms in Michigan that may offer help for free, based on your income and other factors. They can address your eviction, help with employment needs, and offer other support. So try them. There are agencies in eastern Michigan and other parts of the state too, including Pontiac. Find them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
LaMichael

Post by LaMichael »

Am facing court for eviction on the 19th, back rent is owed and am on month to month lease, and I need legal advice for this scenario. I expect to have to move asap and need help getting into a new place. I am a single mother of 4 working part time, however, my employer has offered me a permanent full time position as of June 1st, which will include a pay raise and allow for me to be much more financially stable. I don't know where to go for help with this, please advice. Thank you!
Oreily18

Post by Oreily18 »

I live with my sister, her boyfriend and their her child. She has another baby on the way and we are having a hard time making rent being that she has to take medical days off due to her being pregnant. We do not want to be evicted.
Our rent is a little over 1200. But I wouldn't ask for that. Even if we got $700 or $800 would help us greatly. Rent is due on the 1st but we have until December 5th (grace period) before it goes into eviction status. She also needs infant diapers (having a girl) in which she is having a girl. Anything would be helpful. Can we fight this legally as her work does not seem to be treating her right? I am trying myself but being that I am in school and working I don't have much to give. I really appreciate your time. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not lawyers, so we can't answer your question on your legal rights. But we can refer you to some resources, as there are many out there. Generally most states and counties give tenants a number of rights and obligations, and there are lawyers that fight evictions. They offer many services, some of which are free.
Oreily18 wrote:Can we fight this legally as her work does not seem to be treating her right? I am trying myself but being that I am in school and working I don't have much to give. I really appreciate your time. Thank you.