Rental assistance from a church

Find how to get help with rent
Schaub
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rental assistance from a church

Post by Schaub »

Moved back to Chicago, IL from Las Vegas in June, have 4 kids ages 9, 11, 14 and 15. We have been living motel to motel and sometimes car. Just got job but unable to save money for security deposit and 1st month rent when all the money goes to pay for the one motel room. Any churches that are able to assist my with getting into a home?
Southwest

Re: Rental assistance from a church

Post by Southwest »

I have a few days before I will be getting a disconnection notice from my utilities and have yet to pay my rent in the amount of 325.00 and it was late as of the fifth and will be an extra five dollars a day until I pay it. I am 19 with no children. I have tried churches with no luck.
Povidence

Post by Povidence »

My landlord gave me a 3 day notice on Thursday night. I'm the only one working my husband is finding a job but with the economy it has been hard. We have a 6 year old and my check basically goes on meals child care and some rent. We owe our landlord 1,325.00. Our landlord just delivered a 30 day notice even though our contract says he needs to give us a 60 day notice. I feel we really need help paying rent since we cannot end up homeless with a 6 year old. We have called our church already. I feel that if I can get help with the past due rent we can get back on track again. I really hope to hear from someone soon.
Brushes

Post by Brushes »

I need help with rent. Recently I was going to school full time in Arizona and my husband was working full time at a church. Now my husband is serving an unexpected jail sentence and I am behind on rent. Right now I am caring for his twin boys that are 2 and I don’t want to be homeless with my stepsons. They don’t deserve that. They already have had a hard life dealing with a mother that don’t want them but goes in and out of their lives. Please help me.
LesterH

Post by LesterH »

I'm really needing help on rent. I'm 2000.00 behind on rent because of on the job injury and can't work for and going through workman's comp but not getting paid like I should be. I have an attorney helping me with the worker comp case but I'm about to use my rental home because can't pay. I just desperately need some help from this church.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, no church will give you $2000. Good luck with that. But maybe they can give you a few dollars. In general, any religious organization mostly depends on tithe, fund raisers, and small dollar donations. While they can provide counseling and maybe a few dollars for rent, the funding is very limited. But go ahead and try them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
Game Thr

Post by Game Thr »

I am behind on my rent and utilities one month, now two it being June 1. Is there any way you could please help me, or do you know who can? I am willing to donate myself to serve you or the church to work in return for help with this rent. I am honest and hardworking. I am disabled and won't make it on the streets my health would not let me. I am very limited for time as I have already been served with eviction notice to vacate property or pay rent. Please HELP ME.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Hello, glory to the father. After 36 years I found my son. He came home. Unfortunately he can't stay with me. There is a low income housing not far from me. I Am looking for help to get him settled in there. I Am not financial capable of doing this on my own. Please, he's has issues. I want him to stay. I need to get him in my church. Plus, he needs psychic help. God bless you as the way he over blessed me with my son on my birthday. Thank you, so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Churches can't help him get settled into a low income housing. But maybe they have some money for the rent, used furniture to get your son settled, and can help in other ways. But you need to apply at the unit and go from there. Here are details on church based rent programs.
Dandy wrote:There is a low income housing not far from me. I Am looking for help to get him settled in there.
Tur

Post by Tur »

I need rental assistance, as I became unemployed and need help paying my rent this month. The agencies all listed usually have no help. If there are grants that are available, that would be good. If you have an actual list of the churches that have help, that would be good since it would be difficult to call dozens of churches to see if they help as there are so many. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several churches in Detroit to try for help. Not if you are unemployed your options may be limited. As in theory, if a church were to give you money, then what would you do the next month? You would be back in the same position. But heck, you may as well as for rent help from one of them. Locate a resource here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ssist.html