Staying in a hotel

Find how to get help with rent
Member1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Staying in a hotel

Post by Member1 »

MY HUSBAND, TWO GIRLS (7 AND 8 YEARS OLD) OLD AND MYSELF ARE STAYING AT THE ORANGE GROVE INN MOTEL LOCATED IN OAKLAND CALIFORNIA. IT IS $50 A DAY. WE HAVE SOLD ALMOST ALL OF OUR THINGS JUST TO BE ABLE TO STAY HERE DAY BY DAY BUT WE HAVE NOTHING OF VALUE LEFT TO SELL AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE GONNA DO OR STAY DAILY. ITS VERY SCARY. I AM SO AFRAID MY KIDS ARE GOING TO BE TAKEN FROM ME DUE TO OUR HARDSHIP. IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL. THANK YOU FROM MY FAMILY.
Fiona

Re: Staying in a hotel

Post by Fiona »

I need help paying rest of my rent $175 worth do on Wednesday. We do not want to move into a hotel. I am disabled and I don't like being around people and living in a studio apartment. I pay $1000 a month for it and this is the first time I've had to struggle for rent. My wife went to hospital cause found out she's allergic to grape juice.
She lost her job cause of it and now we are in desperate need of help with our rent. Please get back to me and $200 will help pay it all off. So please get a hold of me as soon as possible and thank you, as a hotel is our only other option. Note I have a service dog too.
Namumura

Post by Namumura »

Hello, I am looking for help for myself, my husband and my handicap brother as we are homeless. I go out every day and hold a sign hoping I can make enough money for the hotel room and food along with anything else we may need at the moment but if I don’t happen to make enough we have to sleep in a parking lot which means my brother sleeps in his wheel chair and myself and husband sleep on the ground. It costs me 70.00 a night for hotel if by chance I can get 322.00 that pays for a week and it all depends on if people have the extra money to help and if by chance I make extra money I help others to pay for their room so they are not out in the cold.
I am out here struggling every day to make ends meet. I also go to the library and put in applications all day and do research for help for us and others because when I get a place for us I am going to try to get out either once a day or a week and help as many people in my situation find a place. I do not need help in anyway except a roof over my head then say bye when your time is up if they don’t like you.
I need some help with paying the hotel until we can find a place that will take us. My brother receives social security and when that comes in we will be able to afford maybe a couple weeks and finally a place. That may be in October or November so if you can help us please contact me. If you can’t help but have any place that might be able to help us please let me know either way. Thank you so much.
Joe Bucks

Post by Joe Bucks »

Need to know if y'all help out with hotel living cost. I'm currently staying at a hotel cause I have no were to go my boyfriend is paying for everything. He works at waffle house and only gets paid $3.10 an hour. The hotel is $165 weekly and $690 monthly. We are paying weekly and still trying to make ends meet. It’s hard because I'm pregnant and sometimes he doesn't make enough to make room payments......I Really Need HELP!
Jennifer Baker

Post by Jennifer Baker »

Good Day -
I live in Oakland County in Michigan and am staying in a hotel. I found you on a 211 website. I am in need of emergency assistance, please. I am a senior who was evicted for non-payment of rent. Because of illness, I lost my job.
I have been working small jobs and living in a hotel off of SS for 3 years now. I cannot always afford insulin. My diabetes has become worse. My feet and legs are affected so that it has become very difficult to find work. I don't drive or have a car. My feet were so swollen in the last three weeks that I had no shoes to wear to go to interviews.
As you can imagine, living in a hotel is extremely expensive. I have had times when I needed to convince the manager that the overdue payment is on its way and that I am still gainfully employed. They have no idea of my current circumstances. If they did, I would have been removed by now. It seems the I am two weeks overdue and hope is fleeting. I have interviews set up for this week that seem a bit promising.  I have only a few dollars left and no food.  This hotel has a self-serve pantry, I have been living off free coffee and cookies. I have had enough for a few items at the dollar store, but with my feet so bad, most times I just can't get there. I don't want to spend my last dollar as I will need it to get to interviews for employment.
I am in need of emergency funds to pay the hotel bill, please.
Is there any assistance that you can offer or any guidance for me to get out of staying in this hotel? As I stated earlier, I don't have a car to run from place to place only to be turned down. I took eight buses round trip to an office in Pontiac only be too told that no funds were available for me and that it was first come first served. This was after having several conversations with the agency rep who suggest that the funding was there and to come to the office. When I arrived the person who I had been speaking to would not even come out see me. I would hate to be physically removed from the hotel that has become my home with all my means of survival. I have nowhere else to go.