Income based housing

Find how to get help with rent
Vicker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Income based housing

Post by Vicker »

I am going through a bad situation with a breakup and I need to be relocated to some type of income based housing for me and my children. I moved to GA in 2007 and was homeless in 2008 for about three months. Then, I was alone so it was not as bad. Now i have two daughters who i have moved to GA for better opportunities that were not available to them in Ohio, where we are originally from. I am on the verge of being evicted out of my apartment I shared with the mother of my son, who has chosen too leave after 85yrs. I do not own a vehicle of my own, and I reside in Augusta, Ga...and I would like information as well as assistance of a city which does have public transportation, so i can remain here in GA...too continue to be in my only son's life. Please help! I am new too this type of situation and if I never asked I would have not known about these type of programs. Thank you for your time.
Dubront

Re: Income based housing

Post by Dubront »

48 year old, female veteran with multiple sclerosis in need of assistance paying this months rent. I unexpectedly lost my job back in July, and just found a temporary position; however, my rent was due on the first and I don't get paid until the 13th. Within the next 3 days my apartment complex will start eviction process from my section 8 income housing unit if I don't come up with the money. If I am evicted, I will have to leave everything I own because I won't have enough money to pay for someone to help me move in Virginia. My voucher doesn't cover that either. I need help. Is there anyone out there that can be of assistance to me? PLEASE HELP ME! I have never been homeless before and I'm so scared!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In general, Georgia does not offer as many social services or housing programs as some other states. That being said, there are some places you can try for rent assistance in the Augusta region. Is anyone in the home working, as sounds like there are three of you. Anyway, there are resources for rental help, and you can find those here, at Augusta rental assistance programs.
Pueblo

Post by Pueblo »

Hello, My name is Connie Alvarez and I'm in need of help with an income based place to live. I have a job making 350 bi weekly but I don't have the means to financially pay moving costs ( first, last, and security) nor the money for utilities to be turned on.
I'm a divorced mother with 50/50 custody of two younger children. I do not get money from my ex husband. My daughter is a great student and 14 my son is also a great student with autism. I've been able to see my kids here and there because I don't have a place for us/them. I've been evicted for late rent but my daughter had caught covid but they didn't care and I got the help they told me I could get from our Florida, but once Our Florida gave me the check my landlord refused it. I'm doing my best and can't seem to get that boost of help I'm in need of. I just want to be the best mom and provide my kids with a safe and comfortable home.
Here is some information that may help. Income- 700 a month. I have no car payment, Nor credit cards.
I do get EBT, only my kids qualify for Medicaid.
Please, if you can help me in any way at all with income based housing it would be greatly appreciated 🙏. Thank You for your help and cooperation.