Need help with Rent/vehicle

Find how to get help with rent
dlj2009
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with Rent/vehicle

Post by dlj2009 »

Hello, Im am a college student living at home with my mom who is single & disabled, who is currently awaiting back surgery & i also have younger siblings. I've been out of work for over a month and the past two months have been indescriable. I live in Louisiana & we are a month behind on Rent. If rent is not paid by monday an eviction notice will be sent out for us to vacate w/in 5 days. And the rent for august is due 1-5 then it would be considered late. My mother and I need HELP ASAP. Can someone please state what we can do? thanks & GOd Bless

Also this is kind of off topic but i also need a vehicle to get back and forth to school, work, & church. Are there any programs in Louisiana that would be reliable. and im a male 20yrs of age so i know insurance would not be cheap either. i can be contacted at djules@gmail.com
Last edited by dlj2009 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with Rent/vehicle

Post by Admin »

I think Loisiana has limited rent assistance programs. However, try the Salvation Army as they may be able to propvide short term rent help, or section 8 low income housing, which is a federal government program.
Silver Eagle

Post by Silver Eagle »

Hi, I am currently leasing an apartment right now in Henderson Nevada. I lost my job and its like everything is coming on at once. Ive recently got an eviction notice, my lights are off, and I have a two year old son and younger brother who stays with me. If loosing my job wasn't enough I also got involved in a car accident which totaled my car out. I just would be so very appreciative if you could help me with my rent. I can be reached by email or phone. Thank you so much.
LiLi

Post by LiLi »

I separated from my husband due to domestic violence issues, he had been off work for a year and due to that I was unable to have my kids come back to live with me - one is disabled. All this caused me to have health and emotional issues that affected my work alot. A month after I left my husband I was laid off, because the reason was excessive absences I was denied unemployment. then my car broke down. I appealed and won but did not get some of my checks for some reason. I owe three months rent and have been given a notice to pay or quit from my apartment in Cambridge <A. My landlord did lower my rent last month but if I cannot make s substantial payment I will be evicted. I will not be able to get another place to live w an eviction and no job. I am currently seeking help with my nervous breakdown which has affected my health a lot. I have a shut off notice for all my utilities and don’t have any other options. Please help my family become whole again. Thank you for your consideration.
Double Chin

Post by Double Chin »

My family was recently evicted and became homeless. The state service center has temporarily given us a motel voucher. We are in need of help with security deposit, first month’s rent, and utility assistance. My fiancé is able to get back to work but we don't have a vehicle so we could use assistance with a vehicle so he can start back to work and so that I can get to doctors & other necessary appointments in order to apply for SSDI and get back on my medications for physical & mental disorders.
We are suffering through the hardship of children being relocated temporarily until we can get back on our feet. Any suggestions for help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to keep our family apart. Thank you and sincerely in advance.