Storage unit rent help

Find how to get help with rent
aprildion13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Storage unit rent help

Post by aprildion13 »

I need help paying my storage which has a lien on it or I lose everything. Is there rent help for storage units
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Storage unit rent help

Post by Admin »

We highly doubt any agency will pay the rent for storage fees. Just move your belonging to a friend, family, or somewhere else. Most of the financial aid for housing is meant to stop homelessness, not pay for storage for a couch. Anyhow, try these programs for rental assistance and just maybe someone will help, or refer you.
aprildion13 wrote:I need help paying my storage which has a lien on it or I lose everything. Is there rent help for storage units
Patty

Post by Patty »

I hate to ask for help but I have had a very bad year. I am currently not working but my wife is. We are currently homeless and living in a hotel with our two kids. I pay for my room every week but everything that I own and my children own is in a storage unit here in Lebanon and I have gotten behind on it and they have charged me an auction fee of $80 and are going to auction our belongings if I don't find some help paying it.
I only have two options pay for my room for the week and lose everything we own or pay for my storage and sleep in my van with the kids for a week, so if you could please let me know of somewhere I can go to get some help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Hornet

Post by Hornet »

I have contacted St. Vincent De Paul in Twin falls, and they told me they would be able to help pay my storage unit fees, because they are about to auction off my stuff. I keep missing their calls but last person I spoke to said to get a hold of you in Boise. I live in Twin falls, but my storage unit is in Boise. This matter is urgent, as I just got an email today stating that if this storage unit bill isn't taken care of immediately that my belongings will be sold at auction.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
We noticed someone mentioned St. Vincent - they may help with rent on a storage unit. So may other charities or government programs, but it is rare. Generally this is little, if any, help for storage. Maybe ask about a payment plan with the property owner or a different sized unit. But if you do want to look for resources, then find rent help resources.