Veteran needs rent help

Find how to get help with rent
VNova
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran needs rent help

Post by VNova »

I am a veteran of the United States Navy. I've been out for a year and its been really hard for me. I had my son while in service and he's now 19 months old. I've been seeking employment and awaiting school pay. I am a student at Phoenix university however, my first day of school is on the 26 of August. I need help paying my rent and am seeking immediate help.
G Sullivan

Re: Veteran needs rent help

Post by G Sullivan »

Got this in a search for rent assistance in Saginaw Michigan. Don't know if this is real but here goes? I am a disabled veteran collection SS Disability and had been out of work since March of 2012! Because my disability is such that I can't use my hands for typing fast or real heavy lifting I have a very difficult time securing jobs? Most employers whether they wish to admit it or not once they physically see my hands they know they can't hire me? I need a job? It can be full or part time in customer service answering phones, making calls, I am bilingual in Spanish/English. I have tried everything I can since March of 2012 and no work. As a result I have difficulty making rent/utilities and have to cut food/clothes/cell phone. I am not asking for a lot and if I had a job I would not ask. But, even $300 to $500 a month would get me thru until I can find work. I am ashamed that as a Veteran from the U.S. Air Force must ask for help, but I have know place to go anymore? Can you help?
Holly1

Post by Holly1 »

Fell on really hard times. Missed many hours of work due to depression. Can barely afford food for my children. Most of the bills are not paid. The hardest thing to deal with is I do not have any money to pay my September's rent. Last month it was late and received my final notice if we are late again we are facing eviction. I need help paying my rent this month until I can get back on my feet and I live in Raleigh. Can you please put me in contact for emergency help. My rent is 844.00. Thank you.
Dev McCourtney

Post by Dev McCourtney »

As of September 27 I will hold the status of a veteran. I am relocating to Texas from Fort Stewart along with my child. I have an eight year old car that needs some repairs before I make the 1000+ mile drive. Are there any grants for veterans that could assist me with this move?
Mazda

Post by Mazda »

My husband is a veteran, and I was wondering if you had any programs to help pay our rent and electricity. We have 4 kids. We need help ASAP, we've received our eviction letter. I have contacted many resources in our area of Houston, and most don't have the funds. I'm trying everything to help keep our home and not becoming homeless with our children. You may email me or call.
Bob_Pisana

Post by Bob_Pisana »

My husband is a veteran, and I was wondering if you had any programs to help pay our rent and electricity in Georgia. We have 4 kids. We need help ASAP, we've received our eviction letter. I have contacted many resources, and most don't have the funds. I'm trying everything to help keep our home and not becoming homeless with our children. You may email me or call.
HarryReid

Post by HarryReid »

I am retired and only get $584 a month and my daughter and her 4 children who live with me has had her hours cut and is only working 3 or 4 days a week as a waitress. In December I will start getting my Social Security check as I am veteran then we will can start getting caught up with our bills. My daughter had back surgery back in February and we were doing okay but now her hours are cut. I've been looking for a part time job but I can only look close to home because we only have one income. We need the money before Monday. Our rent is $800.
Trout

Post by Trout »

I need help pay my rent this month ASAP because I won't get my first paycheck until the 32st. The apartment won't let’s go that long without paying for it. My rent is 1198 most month I can pay my rent because my husband get money for his VA but we didn't get it this month, and our food stamps are getting shut off. Really need the help please.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

My husband is a disabled veteran who served two tours in Iraq and one in Korea. We have fallen behind on our rent and are risking losing our home. We need help badly. We have three children and could also use help with utilities and other things. Please help us please I don't want our family to be homeless.
Cuban1

Post by Cuban1 »

Hello, I’m in need of extra money ($400.00) to pay the rest of my rent for the month of December due to my employer garnishing my paychecks twice, ($255.00 per 2 week pay period. I’m the only working adult in my household of 4 and cannot get anymore help from family at this time. I am also a veteran. After garnishments bi-weekly I’m left with only $462.00 and I have been desperately seeking part-time work to makeup for the loss. I hope to find one soon to pay the rent for September. My wife receives a disability check for her handicapped son in the amount of $700.00 monthly which helps pay the side bills, and with our rent being $1090.00 a month it has been almost impossible to make it this month and my employer (Marine Corp) has no care in the world.
Gump

Post by Gump »

My husband is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and is in his 6th year of service. He is currently going to school to gain skills for a better job so he can support our new family (we just welcomed a healthy happy baby boy 6/2013). The VA is paying for school and giving us a small living stipend, but it is not enough to pay our rent! Please, anything would help. We used all of our savings to fix his car when it broke down this month, and he will be done with school in May and able to return to work at that time. He is unable to work right now because it is a full-time certificate program that requires a lot of hours and I cannot work because I watch our baby and we do not qualify for free childcare. We need help paying rent until June so that my husband can continue with school and get a well-paying job. Anything helps, thank you so much.
Nermer

Post by Nermer »

An assault occurred at the hands of my live-in boyfriend who is on the lease and now the discount we were getting because he was a veteran may be taken off my rent as well as I now do not have the person who paid all or half of the rent and my other bills. I do not work due to my preemie son and I do not have any income other than my son's SSI which is not enough to cover his medical expenses, our apartment and our other bills. This happened just this week and I only have until the 30th to get out of the apartment or have money for December's rent and subsequent months.
I am hoping by possibly at least getting enough help for this next month for me and my son that I could find a way to hopefully fulfill the rest of my lease. Please help me and my son. I do not want to take him to a shelter. He is a preemie and being around many strangers will pose a problem to his health and thus will create more bills as he will most likely have to be hospitalized or seek medical care as a result. Again I need help very quickly as he was a violent veteran! Help me! This is the toughest time I have ever had to go through and not being able to full provide my son is really weighing heavy on me.
Diane100

Post by Diane100 »

I'm a US Army Veteran about to get evicted.
Getting out of the army I went straight into school to help pay for housing. As school was ending I began looking for a job. Unfortunately, the place that hired me was able to actually hire me till July 31st. I got out of school May 9th. So in that time frame I was unemployed and began running out of money and ran behind on rent and other bills. I now have a job but unfortunately it's not enough to catch me up.
I'm on the process of getting evicted and may only have a couple of weeks before this happens. I have 2 dogs at home and they've quickly become my best friends and helped me with coping with the real world outside of the military. I can't lose these dogs, or my apartment. I just can't. These dogs are everything to me. I've tried everything, the VA is only able to help with a small amount of the bill which isn't enough to keep me from eviction. I can't get a loan due to poor credit. I try not to go to the Internet with my problems but I'm incredibly desperate. Please anyone with advice or someone that can point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many requests in this thread. There are some rent assistance programs for veterans, their spouses, etc. They can also help people find pet friendly apartments, so you can find housing for you and your 2 dogs. The VA may be aware of some resources, or try a local charity. Ask about SSVH or HUD VASH, both of which may assist. More veteran programs for paying rent.

Diane100 wrote:I'm a US Army Veteran about to get evicted.
Getting out of the army I went straight into school to help pay for housing. As school was ending I began looking for a job. Unfortunately, the place that hired me was able to actually hire me till July 31st. I got out of school May 9th. So in that time frame I was unemployed and began running out of money and ran behind on rent and other bills. I now have a job but unfortunately it's not enough to catch me up.
I'm on the process of getting evicted and may only have a couple of weeks before this happens. I have 2 dogs at home and they've quickly become my best friends and helped me with coping with the real world outside of the military. I can't lose these dogs, or my apartment. I just can't. These dogs are everything to me. I've tried everything, the VA is only able to help with a small amount of the bill which isn't enough to keep me from eviction. I can't get a loan due to poor credit. I try not to go to the Internet with my problems but I'm incredibly desperate. Please anyone with advice or someone that can point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

I'm an army veteran with a family, wife and 12 year old daughter. We were served an eviction notice today and have 5 days. I was previously a director for Lexus in Orlando. I accepted an offer of employment in Naples Florida with Goodyear. Goodyear paid for our move from Orlando to Naples in January 2017. Upon my arrival in Naples, Goodyear notified me via TEXT, the position they offered is no longer available. I've secured employment with a Cadillac dealer that starts on Monday October 10. We have nowhere to go and are desperate. Please help us.