Information on section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Antonio Brown
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Information on section 8

Post by Antonio Brown »

Hello, i was wondering if i can get information about applying for section 8? I understand there is a wait list and that applications may not be accepted. But as of right now 7/2/12, my family and i are facing eviction unless we can come up with almost $3000 in back rent. I am currently in college and i work nights and take care of 2 kids all on about 4-5 hours of sleep. I was out on disability because i have back problems that may require surgery so as a result, i wasn't working. My husband does on and off jobs, but unfortunately he is not one I can count on for help with anything. In short, basically I am a single mom who takes care of 2 kids, who works nights at a hospital, goes to college all on 4-5 hours of sleep. I just hit a rough time where everything came down. If there is any help that can be provided, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for preferably section 8, but also emergency assistance. We have until 8/9/12 to come up with the money. Also if there is any information regarding help with bills, may i get that as well? Thank you so much!
Skyv

Re: Information on section 8

Post by Skyv »

I have section 8, but I just had a decrease in income, and cannot afford my security deposit nor first months rent. Until the rent adjustment is made through section 8, my portion of rent is based on my old income. My children are missing school because I have no proof of residency, therefore I cannot complete their registration. Please help if at all possible. This is an urgent, and very serious matter. Thank you.
Chavez1

Post by Chavez1 »

I am a single mother who receives section 8 and $550.00/month total to apply to my rent, water-sewer-garbage, phone and electricity. I need to find the right type of help, because I am about to be forced into the eviction process right around Easter if I don't get help with my rent and my utilities. I have paid for half of my rent, but still owe for the other half and my utilities are past due. Please help us as we are desperate and have already looked for help to no avail. Thank-you for your help with anything that you can do for us. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you get section 8 how are you being evicted? Is the government subsidy not enough. Call your local public housing authority who issued the section 8 voucher and see what they indicate. Maybe they have additional funds for rent or those other expenses you indicate. It seems like you are in Oregon? If so, then use this link for the Oregon Section 8 program. Read more on the programs details.
Woddy

Post by Woddy »

I want to move to Dutchess County in New York State. I would like to know how long I need to live in Dutchess County before I can receive rental assistance programs. I would like to know what programs are available. I am receiving Social Security Disability insurance. I would also like to know how I can apply for any programs like Section 8 housing.
SgtMertoo

Post by SgtMertoo »

To whom it may concern;

I am inquiring information for a very good, close friend whom is in desperate need of help. She is the mother of two little boys (ages 4 & 7) and is about to lose her current apartment. She is interested in moving to the San Bernardino area (California) I was hoping I could obtain information on how she can apply for section 8 housing, low income housing or HUD housing. Any bit of information would be tremendously helpful. Please respond to my personal email address at. Thank You.
Cooker

Post by Cooker »

I’m in desperate need of housing help. I’ve rented and lived in this house for the past years. Since Hurricane Ike the house has been steadily deteriorating thanks to problems such as black mold, asbestos, foundation problems as well as numerous other things. In addition to all of these continuous needs for home improvement, my physical ailments are constantly becoming worse.
Each city I try to contact about their Section 8 program has a 3 to 4 year waiting list. I need a safe affordable place to live now. I’ve written to the governors office four times and still haven’t received some badly needed help at all. If you can help in some way please don’t hesitate to call at anytime. Thanks for your time and patience in this matter.
Jeanie Mos

Post by Jeanie Mos »

Hello, I need help with paying my rent for section 8 housing. The last few months has been a struggle, I have a lot of health problems and currently looking for employment. Its been hard making the monthly rent. I receive S.S which is not enough to cover the bills and that is my only income. Any help would be a big help. Thank you and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 is offered by so called PHA - public housing authorities. it is probably the best idea to ask that agency, or the apartment/landlord that collects your voucher, for ideas. Here is more information on section 8 low income housing.
Jeanie Mos wrote:Hello, I need help with paying my rent for section 8 housing.