Find how to get help with rent
palmboy22
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need Rent Assistance ASAP!

Post by palmboy22 »

Hi there,
I am very new to this place and hope that I am doing everything correct in here. I on here though because I am in a very desperate situation. I know everyone else on here is as well but that's why we're on here. My family and I (my wife and kids, 3 yrs, and 6 months) just moved into a new place and it's already time for our first rent payment. We weren't going to have any issues with this before when moving in because I had a really good paying job when we moved in. However, I ended up losing my job and I have been out trying to find another one everyday the past few weeks and I have had no luck what so ever. My phone has been shut off, my car has been turned off, our water and electricity are about to be turned off, our cable and internet were turned off today (ended up having to use the little money I did have saved up for rent to have that taken care and so that I could have a way to get on here), and then is due this Sunday. I have absolutely no money what so ever now and I am in desperate need of some help. I have no one else to ask, no friends or family, we've called local centers for help, they were out of funds for the month, we have no one else to turn to or where to go. We live in Southern Oregon and the cost of living here isn't cheap, even when you try to go that route the best way possible. Our rent here is $775 a month and this is what we're needing before Sunday. I know it's a lot to ask, and believe me, I am not a person of asking and this is taking a lot for me to write this. I am a person of doing and getting things done but this month has proven to be a beat down for me. Please, we have no one else to turn to and know where else to call. Even if I have to pay this back somewhere down the road somehow, I will. I have already lost everything and that's almost included my wife and kids, this house is all we have left. Please, I am trying really hard. Any help would be really great!

Thank you so much for your time in reading this and thank you to ever started this site for me to come on here and ask for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Rent Assistance ASAP!

Post by Admin »

We have extensive information on resources and programs in southern Oregon. While all assistance programs are local, so it really depends on your exact town or city, use this link and click here for information. Midway down the page is info on counties and towns, and towards the top are the statewide programs. Also continue to explore the main site for information. You did not provide much time in getting rent help, as most agencies require applicants and an approval process. But maybe your landlord will provide you more time if you make a good faith effort.
Bootle

Post by Bootle »

Last year got laid off for some time and landlord refused to take my money for rent and evicted us. We explained that but we have been living in a motel for almost a year now and every time we apply for rental application get denied or no one calls back. We need help with the motel bill of ours as we both work part time until more jobs open up. There are days we don't eat just so we can keep what little money we do get from our jobs so we can pay rent weekly. Hope you can help getting hard to find the help we need everyone is out of funds and we are stuck we just need affordable housing and to prove we can get back on our feet.
Guy Dupage

Post by Guy Dupage »

I have been trying to keep up with all payments for rent and other utilities but I can't keep up. I am being taken to court for back payment of my rent which is $1978. I also am trying to get better employment but it's very slow going. I really need some help, just temporarily. Please.
J Becket

Post by J Becket »

Good Afternoon,
I was just contacted that I will be getting evicted from my apartment. I am a single mother of two. I have a son and a daughter with autism. And I am currently expecting a baby girl in August 2013. I am currently employed but came up on a couple of issues. My current employer is working for the South Carolina Army National Guard and I received $17 hours and I am just trying to stay afloat with my bills. Before this job I was unemployed and I am just trying to get caught up on all my bills. I was recently in a motorcycle accident were I total lost my vehicle and I am currently trying to get my money from the insurance company from the lady that hit me. Could someone please contact me at their earliest convenient?
Styleath

Post by Styleath »

We need help with the rental assistance program because I am low on income and my live in partner has been in an accident and out of work. The rent is going to be $420 for the month and is due on the first of December. I am pregnant and go to school full time and my hours at work have been cut tremendously. I am scared that we will not be able to afford everything that we need right now, and I am currently looking for a part time job to do on the side of the job I have now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Has your partner filed for either short term disability with the employer or long term with the government? That may help offset your reduction in hours and provide you with more money for those rent costs. In addition, we do have information on many other local and national programs. So maybe you can get help, especially if you are employed. Find our entire resources and information on rental assisitance.
JamesonMas

Post by JamesonMas »

Hi. I live with my aunty, her mother and her youngest son. I am 22 years old. I'm trying to find my apartment to live in that's around $400. But I only get paid $885 every 2 weeks. We live in Seffner Florida 33584. The people sent my aunty a notice to pay $1100 by next Friday or we would have to leave that same day. She doesn't have a job right now so she hasn't paid 2 months of her rent. We are trying to figure out what to do in this situation. Would you be able to help us? That's all that I ask for.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That town is right outside Tampa Bay and in Hillsborough County. We doubt you can find a rental that costs $400 or less in that market. It is pricey. But you can look, or live with someone else too to save money. Here are some organizations to try in Hillsborough County for rent help. Maybe they know of some more affordable apartments in that part of Florida.
JamesonMas wrote:Hi. I live with my aunty, her mother and her youngest son. I am 22 years old. I'm trying to find my apartment to live in that's around $400. But I only get paid $885 every 2 weeks. We live in Seffner Florida 33584. The people sent my aunty a notice to pay $1100 by next Friday or we would have to leave that same day. She doesn't have a job right now so she hasn't paid 2 months of her rent. We are trying to figure out what to do in this situation. Would you be able to help us? That's all that I ask for.
Ruthie6662

Post by Ruthie6662 »

Need urgent assistance with Rent $950.00 or they are going to evicted me on Friday I was just told yesterday. I have a family in the house hold children. I was let go at my job I had for almost 30 years without benefits. Please help. Your response will certainty be appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately you did provide any information on the region, county, etc. that you need emergency rent help from. Also, if you were let go, file for unemployment. As a company is under no obligation to provide compensation, so apply for unemployment as well. So try these for more information on programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html