Rent help from social services

Find how to get help with rent
USOpen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent help from social services

Post by USOpen »

I have been out of work since February and have had a hard time finding work since i have no money for gas to go any where most of the time,my rent is past due and about to begin eviction process if not already started,my car is going to be repossessed any day now and my electricity is turned off.i spoke to dominion and they will only turn it on for 509.82 which is most of the bill,,,social services will only cover 200 and only after i pay 309.i only receive 200 in tanf a month so i am going without power and my tanf will no doubt be suspended since i have no transportation or gas to travel 35 hours a week to fill out job apps,i have done my best to go to library when im able to fill out apps on line but not 35 hours a week.so basically all this state help everyone talks about and i cant get any of it what can i do besides live in the street with my 10 year old daughter?any ideas because i have none.
Berna

Re: Rent help from social services

Post by Berna »

I am in need of rent help. My rent is 595 a month. i have 5 children at home and am a single parent. my income at this point is 698 a month and i am currently 1 month behind. last September i used rental assistance thru our community action program and social service agency. i used that service last September however i do not qualify for their help this year because ive uased it once in my 12 month period. salvation army isnt helping until October. im at a loss right now. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!
MarcLev

Post by MarcLev »

I am having difficulty paying my rent. Now I am fell behind on my rent my daughter help me meet the rent. She got fired and my husband is sick and my younger daughter. Please help me I am behind for three month. I was excepting my income tax but someone stole my documents. My lights were disconnected today and they are asking me to pay them 845 to get them back on and i cant afford it. I am single mom of two and i have been unemployed for two years now. Can someone please help me please.
Kelly_Ryan

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

I am in need of some assistance with my rent in Austin Texas. I just gave birth to a little girl who I had a month early which was very unexpected...so everything that I had saved up for rent went to her because I had to start from scratch with getting her what she needed...if you can help me i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Cowen

Post by Cowen »

Hi I was on the site cause I was looking for help with my rent. I have five children in which two are disabled, one who damages property within the home. These things I had to fix on my own to make sure things were safe for my other children. The money I had to use for my rent had to pay to fix these things in the home. I was wondering if you had any info in the Columbus Ohio area for rent help.
AngelaM

Post by AngelaM »

I'm a young mom, 25years old, my daughter is turning 1 in April. I live with the father of my child who is 28 under his dads roof. We are trying to find an apartment in Lawrence Kansas, every where is to expensive, I stay at home with my daughter while my fiancé works a part time job getting minimum Wage $7.50 and hour.
We pay rent to his dad who lives with us, and half the pay bills. Rent is 200 a month and bills are 230 a month. We can't afford to live under his dads roof. I would like to know if there is way we can get reduced rent on an apartment and what we need to do to qualify for that assistance.
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

Right now I need assistance with my rent for the month of January. I moved to the Raleigh-Durham area for better opportunity for my kids and myself. I've been looking for jobs. I had a temp job it last only a week. I had job interviews and am waiting on my background check to comeback. Been out of work for 3 months. Had family members help a little money left from my savings now all is exhausted. I know I will be working by next month. I've been to my social service and they help me for the month of December. I just need help for the month of January until I can get on my feet. Thanks you.
ChuckieMac

Post by ChuckieMac »

I'm emailing you to see if you have any social service programs that help pay rent.
I bought the money order to pay my rent.
But somehow I lost it, I have been given a 3 day notice.
I just now got housing from being homeless for around 8-9 years.
I have lived here in this apartment since March 19, 2014.
I have nowhere to go except back on the streets, also I have nowhere, or way to keep my belongings.
If I'm evicted everything that I own will be left inside the apartment that I was living in.
So either it could be rented as a furnished apartment, or the employees can do whatever they'd like with it.
Please I've been homeless for too long.
Plus I'm getting too old to have to live on the streets again.
I owe my apartment complex $287.00.
Which is August rent.
I'm willing to make small payments to pay back the $287.00.
I have never asked for anything unless I have absolutely needed it.
I haven't asked for Thanksgiving, or Christmas help.
It's been quite a while that I've even asked for help with food.
I'd greatly appreciate your help if you can fit it into your budget.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

And how do you know you will be working next month? That is some claim to make. While the Raleigh-Durham area is booming, there are no guarantees to getting work. So try the family for rent help, or maybe go back to social service department. You can call on a charity too for housing assistance, but since you have not been working for 3 months that may hurt your case. Here are some agencies to try.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... leigh.html

Martin1 wrote: I moved to the Raleigh-Durham area for better opportunity for my kids and myself. I've been looking for jobs. I had a temp job it last only a week. I had job interviews and am waiting on my background check to comeback. Been out of work for 3 months. Had family members help a little money left from my savings now all is exhausted. I know I will be working by next month.