Late fee on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Jackson 1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Late fee on rent

Post by Jackson 1 »

It always seems like when I think I am doing good, I get knocked down. My car broke down so I get a used car, now I can not afford my bills. I do not have credit cards or extra nice things, but I am raising the last child still at home and my grand daughter. I work full time and still can not make ends meet. I was one day past my grace period for my rent and the land lord will not let me pay my rent in full without the late fee. I have six dollars to my name after I pay bills and we have no food or laundry soap. I do not have the fifty dollars for the late fee. The rental office said they will evict me if I do not pay the fee. I do not know what to do. I have to feed my kids and buy gas to get to work for two weeks with six dollars.
harrison

Re: Late fee on rent

Post by harrison »

I need help with paying my rent. I have been unemployed for about six months. During that time I have been seeking work but have been unsuccessful as of right now. My bills are exceeding the amount of unemployment compensation I am receiving . And If I cant keep up with my bills I'm afraid I will get evicted and have no where to go.
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

I myself, bills are more then unemployment. I was told by legal aid, here in my state of Delaware that housing (rent, mortgages) get paid first. Then prioritize the other bills as what is essential. Look at all bills and see what can be cut, cable, cell phone, and I can tell you that if your unemployed, the phone companies usually have programs for low income people to afford a land line, mine is now only 14.00 a month. And I got rid of internet, and go to the library and use the internet there. That's a 20.00 savings a month. Don't need long distance. I cut out my cell phone for now, only have basic cable. And if your in an apartment maybe look to rent a room from someone, downsize as much as you can and get out of your lease.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Good morning, I really need help. I am on an eviction notice set for the 29th of this month for the amount of $600, and that doesn't count the late fees. I reside in the city of Chesapeake, I am a single mother of a 6 year old girl and I can't be put on the streets. Please if anyone can help me call me. If I don't answer please leave a voicemail and I will call you back. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

My family is in need of rental help this month as well as money for the late fee. My husband lost his job due to trying to help someone out of their hard time and as a result got fired. He has tried many places since to get a job and has started several but not able to continue due to the chemicals at the different plants making him sick or blacking out due to heat.
We are currently 479 dollars short on rent if we pay it by July 5 2016. After that it will be 558.90 short due to a 10% late fee being added. Our normal rent is 799 and we normally have it but we don't this month. We currently only have 320 put back for rent due to having to take money from rent for lights. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This sounds like a crisis as you have about one-half of what you need, but not the entire payment. Try the programs that provide emergency help with rent, as there are some options available to you. Now we doubt they will pay for the 10% fee, but maybe some agency can assist you and your husband.
Sheena wrote:My family is in need of rental help this month as well as money for the late fee.