Any rental assistance for women

Find how to get help with rent
Mr_Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Any rental assistance for women

Post by Mr_Smith » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 am

I am a 22 year old girl and I recently just got a job but have not started yet. My father is disabled so the only source of income is my mother but all her money goes towards my father and his medical bills and such. Plus all the bills she has to pay on top of that. My dad is PSYCHO though. Literally, he is crazy. At one point my mom didn't want me to live with him because she was afraid he would hurt me so she tried to put him in a mental hospital but they wouldn't except him because he has to many medical problems as it is. Therefore, I still live with him. I don't want to live with him but I can't support myself on my own. I was wondering what types of rental assistance programs I might qualify for. Because the ones I've seen are mostly for single mothers and such so I'm not really sure how to go about this.

bluegourami3

Re: Any rental assistance for women

Post by bluegourami3 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:45 am

Check with your local YWCA there are rooms to rent from the Young Womens (YWCA). Salvation Army or look for possible roommate scenerios on Craigslist or local newspaper. Also found a website called roommates dot com.

AngelaM
anti spam: Blue

Post by AngelaM » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:03 pm

I have gotten a wage garnishment as owe support to my female wife that has put me behind on my rent. I have a modification that hasn't taken effect yet because my employer hasn't received the judgment but in the meantime I'm falling behind on my rent and facing a three day notice that can and eventually will lead to eviction.

Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm

There are some agencies in Colorado Springs that my focus on women. Try the YWCA or the Salvation Army among others. Also look into a DV shelter or Oxford House type center. In addition to all those options, use this for more rent assistance programs in Colorado Springs.

TimothyMcConnel

Post by TimothyMcConnel » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:46 am

I was evicted from my apartment a couple of years ago. Had a garnishment on my checks for some time, which got me behind in my rent and as a women it is hard in the job market. Was evicted. Since then I have stayed with family for a while, but for the last almost 2 years my 26 year old daughter, my 2 year old grandson, and myself have been living in a hotel room. No kitchen to cook. My daughter is married but has not lived with her husband since before she had the baby. I have taken care of her. She gets a small amount of AFDC and I work full time. Because of my income I do not qualify for most assistance programs that men get. With an eviction on my background and the $350 a week we pay for the room, makes it difficult to come up with the first month and deposit to move in to a new place that is targeted at women. Any assistance we can get from your program would be greatly appreciated.