emergency deposit for apt with disabled vet and 2 autistic k

Find how to get help with rent
ejordanit
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

emergency deposit for apt with disabled vet and 2 autistic k

Post by ejordanit »

i got approved for an apartment but i'm homeless now and working barely enough to pay the upcoming bills. i can't get into the apartment with out paying 2500 upfront...i'm hitting roadblocks everywhere i turn. i live in ventura county california.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: emergency deposit for apt with disabled vet and 2 autist

Post by Admin »

That seems like a steep deposit and first months rent. Why so high if homeless and moving into your first apartment? Anyhow, here are some different resources for you. Use these links provided, and also explore the entire site for information. Try here for information on Ventura assistance. Those agencies cover everything, such as food, housing, energy bills, medical, and more. We also have some agencies focused just on rent, and those can be located here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ven ... tance.html
ejordanit wrote:i got approved for an apartment but i'm homeless now and working barely enough to pay the upcoming bills. i can't get into the apartment with out paying 2500 upfront...i'm hitting roadblocks everywhere i turn. i live in ventura county california.
Mueller

Re: emergency deposit for apt with disabled vet and 2 autistic k

Post by Mueller »

I am currently 9 months behind on rent. I fell into a bad cycle of not being able to meet bills when I lost income do to relationship ending and not being able to work myself due to a rigorous therapy / schooling schedule for my autistic daughter. I am currently looking for employment as a veteran while also selling homemade products and someone to watch ny autistic kid. The management that was taking my rent payments never got me the necessary paperwork I needed to seek help even though it was requested several times. As time went on I got further and further behind. Now a new management company is in control and I have the eviction notice but am now in need of help paying off 9 months of back rent as well as the deposits on the apartment.....please help! Can't afford major changes in living quarters right now and I don't believe I'm going to find anything more affordable than where I currently am without being a part of some sort of income based housing.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: emergency deposit for apt with disabled vet and 2 autistic k

Post by Admin »

Try looking for disability resources or specialized care for your daughter, as we have disability resources on the site. As far as the emergency rent help in Phoenix, there are charities and programs here. But they may require the applicant to work so they are self-sufficient. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html

Mueller wrote:I am currently 9 months behind on rent. I fell into a bad cycle of not being able to meet bills when I lost income do to relationship ending and not being able to work myself due to a rigorous therapy / schooling schedule for my autistic daughter.