Louisiana rent help able to work

Find how to get help with rent
ashleyblatcher
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Louisiana rent help able to work

Post by ashleyblatcher »

Im a resident of Louisiana lost job on April 1,2009.Have been able and available for work since then.All of savings are drained and I need help with rent for June 1,2009 Please help any feedback is appreciated.
Assistance

Re: Louisiana rent help able to work

Post by Assistance »

In Louisiana, try the Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program. It goes by the name of LHFA. The state government of Louisiana has setup a housing assistance program where eligible state residents are provided free housing vouchers that can to help then with paying for basic housing needs. The free housing voucher can provide eligible state residents with more housing opportunities and choices, such as rent and maybe even mortgage aid.
Gomez1
anti spam: Blue

Post by Gomez1 »

Hello, my family recently moved into a new apartment in New Orleans Louisiana after living in a hotel room for 5 months. My girlfriend was working part-time then the job didn't need her anymore. So she went on unemployment which the government shutdown. She started working at Macy's but they were barely giving her hours. I work full time at a moving company and now she just had a interview at Target and is waiting for orientation to start. In the meantime, we half of June rent and need help this one time. We are hard working people who fell into a little hole and need help out please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

New Orleans agencies do offer financial help for rent and set up costs. Since you are now working (congratulations on that) and you have another interview, that will definitely help your application. As it shows you are trying to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty. Even if you need to go back to the hotel, the homeless prevention programs may help you with both rent and a voucher for the room. There are many rent assistance programs in New Orleans to try to apply at for support.
Sejkora

Post by Sejkora »

Hello, I am disabled and I have a father and sister who also is permanently disabled and we are looking for rental assistance in the St John the Baptist area. The housing authority isn't helping because they have a list of 4,000 people on Section 8 and me and my family really need assistance as soon as possible because we are about to become homeless.
I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom with a 1 1/2 bath apartment anything available in Laplace LA, 70068. Please we need help as my father is 67 years old and we are in need of dire help in looking for rental assistance. I can be contacted. Please help us I'm begging thank You, P.S. I heard of this program TANF I could really use this assistance as well so could you please help me. Thank You.