Need help with rent lostmy job

Find how to get help with rent
laniekgore
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with rent lostmy job

Post by laniekgore »

I live in Canton,Tx moved here in March to be close to family,I lost my job and only have until 6-02-09 to pay 750.00 in rent I have 3 kids and do not know where to go to get help.I am willing to do anything,I also would like information on where I can go to get some food for my kids and some work from home...Please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with rent lostmy job

Post by Admin »

Try this program in Texas for rent assistance http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/assist_rental.htm
Texas is bing into charities as well. Here are a few to try for immediate assistance. While I do not think they are close to you, contact them and sure they can put you in touch with someone

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Houston, TX

Central Dallas Ministries
Dallas, TX
Sarkozy

Re: Need help with rent lost my job

Post by Sarkozy »

Good morning, I live in Wyandanch, NY (Suffolk County). I was in desperate need of housing, because I live in a room, and suffer from Crohn's Disease and just lost my long term job. I applied for Section 8 wherever there was an open list, which I was accepted in Mamaroneck, NY (Westchester County). I did receive the voucher, but it's about to expire.
I cannot afford the Real Estate fees, but I really do need my own place. I am 45 years of age, and the mother of two military sons. I am presently going through a divorce after being married since 1997. I have been separated since 2012. I do not receive any support from my husband.
I do own a 2007 Honda Accord. I need referrals to organizations that could help me move to another jurisdiction. I've gone to Social Services, and they said they only give One a Shot Deals to stay in their particular county. No assistance to move to a different county. I desperately need my own apartment. I just need help getting to Mamaroneck, from Suffolk County.
I do receive Social Security Disability 1,300 monthly. This is my only source of income. I do need my car because I have several doctors to go to including for Rheumatologist, Cardiologist, gastroenterologist, & Endocrinologist. I would also need assistance with the utilities being turn on, because of past bills still owed. Any referral information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help with rent lost my job

Post by Admin »

No one will help you move in NY or any state. Also, if you really have a section 8 voucher, then ask the PHA - Public Housing Authority which gave it to you for suggestions. Can't you find some friends/relatives to help you move (like most people do). Also, if you have two sons in the military, why can't they help you move when they have time off. Or they can come into town. As once again, this is what most people do. If you want information on rental assistance, then we have that here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
There are some places in Suffolk County to call for information, as we just gave you.
trex

Re: Need help with rent lostmy job

Post by trex »

I am humbly requesting financial assistance to pay my family's past due rent as I lost my job. We were given an eviction notice on July 2nd. Unfortunately, I have been out of work since April & received an eviction notice in the 2nd. I have testing for a paid apprenticeship on the 25th but unfortunately we don't have any savings left & are trying to figure out what to do. Thank you for your consideration. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I currently have $1200 secured towards my rent balance.