Homeless in New Jersey

Find how to get help with rent
ad90ma
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless in New Jersey

Post by ad90ma »

I am a 48 year old man in New Jersey that is essentially homeless. I am staying with friends right now, but that certainly won't last forever. I have numerous health issues. I suffer from major depressive disorder, as well and am involved in mental health therapy on a regular basis. I was on welfare for 5 years and have recently been terminated in accord with policy. Now, I don't even have the whole $140.00 each month to live on. In short, I need a place to live & preferably a job. My health makes it difficult to work, but I still want to. I don't have any way to get around to look outside of the immediate area, in which there is nothing. Please respond and advise at your earliest possible convenience. I thank you in advance for your time, attention & anticipated cooperation in this matter, as it is frequency needed and certainly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless in New Jersey

Post by Admin »

The state of New Jersey Human Services Department runs some programs for the homeless and people on the verge of homelessness. Different programs also can offer free medical care. Anyway, it is one of the leading agencies to call for help in the state, and they may have information or resources for you. Can't you even work part time even doing something like retail work. There are always part time jobs out there. Anyway, learn more about the various NJ options and social services. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... stanc.html
ad90ma wrote:I am a 48 year old man in New Jersey that is essentially homeless. I am staying with friends right now, but that certainly won't last forever. I have numerous health issues. I suffer from major depressive disorder, as well and am involved in mental health therapy on a regular basis. I was on welfare for 5 years and have recently been terminated in accord with policy. Now, I don't even have the whole $140.00 each month to live on. In short, I need a place to live & preferably a job. My health makes it difficult to work, but I still want to. I don't have any way to get around to look outside of the immediate area, in which there is nothing. Please respond and advise at your earliest possible convenience. I thank you in advance for your time, attention & anticipated cooperation in this matter, as it is frequency needed and certainly appreciated.
Red Smith

Post by Red Smith »

Good afternoon,
I have been homeless for almost a month. Me and my son been sleeping in my car in Atlantic City NJ, we got evicted out of our apartment because I got cut off financial aid due to the drop in my G.P.A. there for I had no way of paying my rent. I am a college student graduate, but can't find a job ere. I did appeal the decision and am awaiting word now. if there is anyway you can guide me towards the right direction I would greatly appreciate it, thanks alot.
Lancealot

Post by Lancealot »

It seems like its all good but something always happens. I'm new to the NYC area, mother of 2, almost divorced, and just recently got a car so I can work. Now behind on rent just a little and could really use the help. I can give something on my check...or whatever asked. I'm just not sure what to do and I really don't want to lose my place!
Malden

Post by Malden »

My two children and I are about to be evicted from our home in Newark NJ unless I can pay this month’s past due rent of $705 and also have to come up with next month's rent of 595 dollars. The complex has already filed a first phase of eviction. As well as about to have our gas cut off.
I'm currently looking for work. I really do not want to lose my apartment being I have custody court against their father on September 28, 2015. I have a two year who is anemic and a one year old that is developing really slow and has been having test ran on his legs and for mental disabilities. I have no family around to help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The rent of $705 in Newark seems reasonable. So you are not living in an overpriced home. As far as the gas account goes, try LIHEAP in New Jersey. We also have information on many rental assistance programs in your region, and if you are close to eviction you may get priority. They may also have options for you on the upcoming custody court case you have. Until then, find Newark rental assistance programs.
Norisez

Post by Norisez »

I am fighting my first eviction as do not want to be homeless. My court Is Fast Approaching on February 25th. I have an attorney from legal services in Vineland NJ. I am permanently disabled, I do have section 8. I have 4 children and with me having a limited income, I can not afford to pay a security deposit. I have no where to go with my children and that scares me, I've never been in this king of situation. Please let me know of any place that could help me.
Sloan

Post by Sloan »

I am going through a very huge hardship right now in my life and I am homeless. I need help badly at this point. Just to help get me back on my feet. I'm staying in a motel as we speak right now. I'm located in Atlantic County, NJ. You have a lot of different things on your website, so I'm confused but what I pushed on the internet first was the part where it said you help with motel vouchers and that would be a huge help for me as family and friends have helped me. I could just keep typing on and on, but I would like to hear back from you first to let me know what your organization could help me with.
Which you will have when I send this email to you. Again, my county and state are Atlantic County, New Jersey. There isn't much help for the homeless in this county and I don't know why that's why I googled churches and organizations that help on my city. I no longer qualify for welfare because you can only get it for a period of 60 months and on the past 15 years I have reached my time. So, I'm struggling terrible. Hope to hear back from you soon as possible. Thanks for understanding my situation. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The homeless prevention and rapid rehousing programs in NJ can help you get back on your feet. They operate statewide by both the government and non-profits. Find them here, New Jersey homeless prevention and rapid rehousing.
Sloan wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:12 am I am going through a very huge hardship right now in my life and I am homeless. I need help badly at this point. Just to help get me back on my feet.