Find Rent Help Here

Find how to get help with rent
erinwoji

Find Rent Help Here

Post by erinwoji »

I find this resource on the main site. Here is a way to find many programs and ways to get rent help. Most states have rental assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Find Rent Help Here

Post by Admin »

erinwoji wrote:I find this resource on the main site. Here is a way to find many programs and ways to get rent help. Most states have rental assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Yes, most states, including Florida, California, Massachusetts and others have rent assistance programs. Do your homework, research them, and get help and aid from the government.
floridagirl

Post by floridagirl »

Yes, for rent assistance Florida offers the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP). I have used it in the past and it does provide a few hundred dollar grant when times are tough and struggling. It help me make it thru tough times
Billschant

Post by Billschant »

Having difficulty in paying my past due rent of the month of October. I am in great need of help. I live on the Big Island of Hawaii in Kailua Kona. And all I am in need for is paying my past rent for October of $950. I am not too worried for this month because I am in the process of working full-time by next week. Please send me any info as too who I can seek for getting financial emergency fund for my past due rent. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not have any rental programs listed specifically for Hawaii. So maybe you want to use our general rental assistance link and resource. The past rent of October may be hard to get help with, buy maybe can apply for future rental assistance in Hawaii.

Billschant wrote:Having difficulty in paying my past due rent of the month of October. I am in great need of help. I live on the Big Island of Hawaii in Kailua Kona. And all I am in need for is paying my past rent for October of $950. I am not too worried for this month because I am in the process of working full-time by next week. Please send me any info as too who I can seek for getting financial emergency fund for my past due rent. Thank you,
Cowen

Post by Cowen »

I' am 20 and engaged with a one year old little boy. My fiancee lost his job and I just got out of College. We can not pay this months rent which is $525 and are in a lease, this is the first time we've been put in this situation and Christmas is coming! We have nowhere to go if we get kicked out. We don't even have money to put gas in our car or to even celebrate Thanksgiving. I was thinking of ways to donate bone marrow or even plasma for money but we do not even have gas to go do it! If someone can help us fast PLEASE!!! Thank you. I can not lose this place with my baby.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try calling a local HUD (Housing and Urban Development) counseling agency for free advice on rent and housing programs. They will often have information on, and be able to help people apply for, a large number of housing programs including section 8 and homeless prevention and rapid rehousing. Now of course they have conditions (mostly income) that need to be met, but they are worth a shot in calling, and sounds like you may be considered low income and be able to qualify. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hou ... ment_.html
Cowen wrote:I' am 20 and engaged with a one year old little boy. My fiancee lost his job and I just got out of College. We can not pay this months rent which is $525 and are in a lease, this is the first time we've been put in this situation and Christmas is coming! We have nowhere to go if we get kicked out. We don't even have money to put gas in our car or to even celebrate Thanksgiving. I was thinking of ways to donate bone marrow or even plasma for money but we do not even have gas to go do it! If someone can help us fast PLEASE!!! Thank you. I can not lose this place with my baby.
Mondavi

Post by Mondavi »

I feel on bad times so moved in with a family member to get back on my feet. Well that family member house caught on fire so we are now staying in a camper at a different family's members house and with making only $1200 a month with 5 kids and a grand baby and paying rent here I can't save to move like I wanted to. I found a house but it would take my whole check so I guess I need help with the first and last month’s rent or help with getting my water and electricity turned on the in the house. $1200 is everything I make per month.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You do need to increase that income beyond $1200 per month. So as you apply for rent help in Santa Fe, also inquire into job training as well as placement services. Also, those 5 kids also need to work and contribute to the home. They can work part time, bagging groceries, etc. They need to be productive members of society.