Dallas Texas Rent

Find how to get help with rent
saralkane
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Dallas Texas Rent

Post by saralkane »

i need help paying rent...I am going to be evicted and I have a 9 week old baby. Live in Dallas, Texas
Assistance

Re: Dallas Texas Rent

Post by Assistance »

Here are some charities and organization in Dallas that can provide rent assistance. Try

Network of Community Ministries - This charity group will provide Food assistance, clothing, limited financial assistance for and aid with rent and utilities bills, referrals for psychologists, assistance with prescription medications, psychiatrists, children’s clinic, comprehensive programs for those 60 and older and a Wellness Clinic for those 55 and older

Also, you can try the North Dallas Shared Ministries for help.
utility bills assistance, Food aid, financial assistance for rent, prescriptions, , clothing, gas vouchers and bus tokens, eye exams and glasses, ID’s and birth certificates, school supplies, employment assistance, English as a second language classes, dental clinic and free medical aid for the working poor and family members
M Kuchar
anti spam: Blue

Post by M Kuchar »

My boyfriend and i rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Dallas and rent is 610 a month he just got let go from his job and we owe 823 in rent. He is now on unemployment and only makes 620 a month and i get cash assistance which is 306 a month and I use that to make car payments and insurance each month. I'm 8 months pregnant and can't afford to be homeless. If you could please help us it would be very much appreciated. Our gas and electric is also do but don't know how much it is yet and we don't have the money to pay that either right now.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

$1090.00 is what my rent is. I am asking for help with my rent coming in July. My son had to have help with college, This is his first year at Texas Tech and I had to purchase his items for dorm and books. My ex husband and I did the Texas tomorrow fund for him when he was born but it doesn't pay for books and housing so we split that amongst the 2 of us.

And My car over heated on me several times and I had to get the thermostat replaced, I had one blow out had to get 2 new tires cause 2 weeks later the other one blew out. The car is now leaking from radiator and the heater is not working at all. And I quit my job because I was being harassed and bullied non stop by an employee for over a year. I asked and asked for HR to help make him stop and no one helped me. Then one day we were moving from one building to another and he misplaced a box of my company records and management didn't do anything to help me find them and to this day I can't find them but I am held accountable for the records. I have been going through this for over a year and I have claimed unemployment and they are fighting it.

I haven't ever quit a job with out having another one first but, He really scares the life out of me. He would yell and scream and call me names and just follow me and harass and bully me. I told everyone but nothing got done. So, When the box came missing and I am accountable for them I knew this was his way of saying got ya now.

Also, When I moved into my current Dallas apartment 5 moths ago the air conditioning unit wasn't cooling, I called and complaint many times. No one could figure out what was wrong. I finally called the manager of the complex manager and sent pictures with times and the temperature inside the apartment and she came over and said yes, something is wrong she had someone come and clean and replace a coil. Then it kept running out of Freon. So my bills were super high around $300.00. I had to buy 2 fans, I bought a thermostat so I could prove it was the A/C unit not cooling.

My car got broken into about 6 months ago and items stolen and window broken at the Dallas apartments, It was keyed along with many other vehicles. I had to pay for these items too. I ended up moving after all the vehicle damage not sure if its good or not due to the lack of maintenance here at this complex.

They still haven't fixed the several items. I have just had a really bad streak of luck for 5 months now. What are you doing to solve this problem?

I am looking for work and I have had several interviews and I fill out tons of applications non stop. I have records of places I have applied, I am not sure about my vehicle. I don't know a mechanic and I can't afford a shop. And filling unemployment on the company for harassment at the work place. I am hoping someone could just help me get through and back on my feet where I am usually. If you could guide me in the direction I need to be that would be greatly appreciated.
Clipperrs

Post by Clipperrs »

Need help with my rent. I’m 5 days behind and it's a 1,000.00 a month. I’ve lived here in Dallas Texas for 4 years. We are 4 adults, an 3 under age. I went to school for a trade as a millwright for 4 years. My job has been a good one, except for the last six months. My unemployment has ran out.
My wife works, but works at a nursery home an gets paid every 2 weeks, not enough for rent. I do odd jobs when I can find them. I'M hoping my business agent will call me soon. I’m very worried about my families well being. I got 2 in school an I don't know how I'm going to get school closes. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

4 adults and can't afford the rent? Seems like all should be able to work and more regular jobs with hours. But there are emergency rent assistance programs in Dallas you can try. We have them listed all over the website.
Clipperrs wrote:Need help with my rent. I’m 5 days behind and it's a 1,000.00 a month. I’ve lived here in Dallas Texas for 4 years. We are 4 adults, an 3 under age. I went to school for a trade as a millwright for 4 years. My job has been a good one, except for the last six months. My unemployment has ran out.
My wife works, but works at a nursery home an gets paid every 2 weeks, not enough for rent. I do odd jobs when I can find them. I'M hoping my business agent will call me soon. I’m very worried about my families well being. I got 2 in school an I don't know how I'm going to get school closes. Thanks.
James2

Re: Dallas Texas Rent assistance needed

Post by James2 »

Hello, my name is Clifford. I'm a 44 yr old disabled African American male living in Dallas. I have Bipolar 1 and Congestive Heart Failure. I'm currently waiting on housing, it should be any day now says my case manager. Also my SSI/ SSDI is pending as we speak. I'm currently enrolled at the University of Phoenix online and I was blessed with a financial aid difference check. I got me an extended stay hotel room at InTown Suites in Dallas and need help to pay for the room - to rent the room until my housing is approved. I've been here a month. Unfortunately, my funds have run out of funds. I have interviews in line for later this week. I don't wanna go back to living on the streets by The Bridge Dallas. I just need a one time rent assistance payment to cover at lease 2 weeks. Then I'm back on my feet. My weekly rent is $365 and monthly $1299. Someone please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dallas Texas Rent assistance needed

Post by Admin »

Hi Clifford and all,
There are rent relief programs in Texas as well as resources for more long term support, such as for employment or budgeting. Or sometimes it is easier to get help with electric bills (vs. rent) and then use that money normally allocated to utilities for housing. So combined programs. Either way, find financial resources in Dallas County. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... progr.html
James2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:27 am Hello, my name is Clifford. I'm a 44 yr old disabled African American male living in Dallas.