PLEASE NEED HELP WITH RENT

Find how to get help with rent
dragonfly765
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

PLEASE NEED HELP WITH RENT

Post by dragonfly765 »

Hello,I live in niagara county and I am now two months behind in rent.I recieve public assistance and food stamps due to the fact that I am disabled and cant work.My boyfriend and I recently broke up that is why I am behind.I only recieve $300.a month my rent is 650 I pay my own utilities and also have two dogs who I cant part with been with me for 11 yrs now their all I have.No family all deceased except brothers who are in no situation to help.I have applied for belmont in every county surrounding me the shortest waiting list is where I am now which is still more than a year.i am in the appeal process for SSI and the lawyer said it could take up to 30 months for a decision.I have been homeless before but now with my disablities I just dont think I can do it nice weather coming or not.I call my case worker at welfare and i never ever get a response the only way to get a response is to go see him and I cant afford it nor can I handle it with my disablities I call him three times a day leaving messages and nothing I feel like a stalker its embarassing.I really love where I am living now and would really like to stay but if I have to move I have to but dont see that happening either cant move without enough funds to do so.So please please any help or advice just any which way to turn would be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time and this forum a glimpse of hope.May god bless all the others who need help I will pray that you find it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: PLEASE NEED HELP WITH RENT

Post by Admin »

Is there anyway you can see your case worker and get to the office. We always recommend that as it is much harder/impossible for a case worker to ignore someone who is right in front of them. In addition, here are many Niagara County New York non-profits, government programs, and agencies to call for rent help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nia ... _prog.html
Many do prioritize for the disabled, so you should have that going for you that can help you out in your situation. Many also do not want people to become homeless, so those places give priority too if you are way behind on rent and verge of homelessness.
dragonfly765 wrote:Hello,I live in niagara county and I am now two months behind in rent.I recieve public assistance and food stamps due to the fact that I am disabled and cant work.My boyfriend and I recently broke up that is why I am behind.I only recieve $300.a month my rent is 650 I pay my own utilities and also have two dogs who I cant part with been with me for 11 yrs now their all I have.No family all deceased except brothers who are in no situation to help.I have applied for belmont in every county surrounding me the shortest waiting list is where I am now which is still more than a year.i am in the appeal process for SSI and the lawyer said it could take up to 30 months for a decision.I have been homeless before but now with my disablities I just dont think I can do it nice weather coming or not.I call my case worker at welfare and i never ever get a response the only way to get a response is to go see him and I cant afford it nor can I handle it with my disablities I call him three times a day leaving messages and nothing I feel like a stalker its embarassing.I really love where I am living now and would really like to stay but if I have to move I have to but dont see that happening either cant move without enough funds to do so.So please please any help or advice just any which way to turn would be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time and this forum a glimpse of hope.May god bless all the others who need help I will pray that you find it.
gracie

Post by gracie »

I need to know if there are any programs that have funding to help with rental assistance for a single mother. This is a bit of an emergency. I just moved in May and I'm already behind from July 1 due to extenuating circumstances and have received a letter threatening eviction.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, single mothers do not get any favors on their own in Albuquerque. But you can apply for some of the other local resources out there. Here is one of the main ones in your region of New Mexico. Read more.
TMobileuser

Post by TMobileuser »

Hello, I’m writing you because I was looking online and came across your information. I’m please looking for help on my rent. I’m behind two months I was working for Wal-Mart and was let go back in July and I got a job in October and I’ve been trying to get caught up but I just can’t seem to.
I was wondering if you knew anyone that could help me I’ve called every church in my town Staunton Virginia and they all give their funds to SCARA and I’ve been there every time I go they say they can only help people with kids or elderly.
They can’t help I just need a little help its winter. I have no family. It’s just me.
I can’t be evicted. I will not have anywhere to go. I’ve talked and talked to my landlord trying to work something out but it’s not working. Please if you know anyone that could help me it would mean so much to me. Thank you have a great day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you in getting a job in short order. We have many resources listed on the site, everything from government grants to loans, charities, and more. the main source of data is here, and find help for paying rent.
TMobileuser wrote:Hello, I’m writing you because I was looking online and came across your information. I’m please looking for help on my rent. I’m behind two months I was working for Wal-Mart and was let go back in July and I got a job in October and I’ve been trying to get caught up but I just can’t seem to.