Need to sue my landlord

Find how to get help with rent
Hinducute
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to sue my landlord

Post by Hinducute »

I was living w/my fiance & his teenage daughter. We let his x stepson also move in. When my fiance went to prison a few months ago, the x stepson, age 21 or 22, convinced the landlord to come up with a story/lie, telling me we all got an eviction notice a couple months previous, and I must have just lost mine, but I had until the next day to move out. Then I went to the store to buy groceries and the stepson changed the locks on me. I called the police, but they ended up believing the fake eviction document and never let me back into what was my house. Granted this was a few months ago, however since having no notice whatsoever, I haven't been able to catch up and earn enough to get another place to live, so I'm couch surfing with friends now. Is there any way I can take my previous landlord to court about this and win any sort of compensation or judgement? It still feels so wrong, what they did to me! Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need to sue my landlord

Post by Admin »

Well, you can try. Maybe look into legal aid from pro-bono attorneys in Missouri.
The landlord should have sent the eviction notice by certified or overnight mail, so they should have proof of sending it and you receiving it. But not sure if it will do you much good in finding a new home to live, but maybe you can get a few bucks out of deal to pay rent in a new place. Here is more information on Missouri legal advice.
Hinducute wrote:I was living w/my fiance & his teenage daughter. We let his x stepson also move in. When my fiance went to prison a few months ago, the x stepson, age 21 or 22, convinced the landlord to come up with a story/lie, telling me we all got an eviction notice a couple months previous, and I must have just lost mine, but I had until the next day to move out. Then I went to the store to buy groceries and the stepson changed the locks on me. I called the police, but they ended up believing the fake eviction document and never let me back into what was my house. Granted this was a few months ago, however since having no notice whatsoever, I haven't been able to catch up and earn enough to get another place to live, so I'm couch surfing with friends now. Is there any way I can take my previous landlord to court about this and win any sort of compensation or judgement? It still feels so wrong, what they did to me! Thanks.
Griffin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Griffin »

Good Morning,
I am not sure if you are the correct agency that I should be contacting? The current residence that I reside in is in the Fulton County area and due to a large amount of Mold and various unsafe repairs needed my family and I need to move ASAP. I did sue the landlord but I lost for some reason. I have already given my 30 day notice and have located another house to rent just a few blocks away still in Fulton County.
I have my rent to move in on Friday (6/1/15) but I don't have the 500.00 deposit which is due also on 6/1/15. By any chance is your agency able to assist me in anyway or possibly direct me in the direction I need to go? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
Bamafan

Post by Bamafan »

I recently lost my job due to my vehicle being submerged under water after this month’s storms, and now my rent is due and I don't know what else to do other than sue my landlord. I asked my family and friends but like most of us we're struggling. My rent is $425 a month and I have prepaid electricity which I put money in every time I get money in hand so I don’t go without utilities. Please help me.