Unsafe apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Lartty6
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unsafe apartment

Post by Lartty6 »

My husband and i are on our 30yr , and our apartment had mold really bad so we did not pay rent , we a dress the issue to landlord but he say "so what , move if you don't like it ". While stop paying rent he file for eviction and we are stuck on motel because apartment we apply for see the eviction we don't know where to go or what apt will be understanding and forgive that debt or if we ever will have a apt to call home and grow old together oh please help us find housing assistance or any agent that will help us with deposit on a apt . We both are disable and my wife is due for surgery soon , please help us find the funds has we keep explaining our situation to other apartments. Email us ASAP thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unsafe apartment

Post by Admin »

The landlord needs to ensure the home is safe and liveable by law. So not sure how bad the mold issue is, but you can call your local building inspector. As far as finding alternate housing, look into Idaho section 8 public housing authorities. They may even be able help advise on the legal issues with your current apartment/home.
Lartty6 wrote:My husband and i are on our 30yr , and our apartment had mold really bad so we did not pay rent , we a dress the issue to landlord but he say "so what , move if you don't like it ". While stop paying rent he file for eviction and we are stuck on motel because apartment we apply for see the eviction we don't know where to go or what apt will be understanding and forgive that debt or if we ever will have a apt to call home and grow old together oh please help us find housing assistance or any agent that will help us with deposit on a apt . We both are disable and my wife is due for surgery soon , please help us find the funds has we keep explaining our situation to other apartments. Email us ASAP thank you
Pam Redder

Post by Pam Redder »

To Whom It concerns,
My husband and I and our four kids ages 15 to 6 months are living in an 2 bedroom apartment in Seattle, Washington. We have lived here for two years and the first year we were paying $750 in rent, the second year they raised it to $775 a month. Now they are charging us to go on a month to month lease $1,00 for the first month and $820 for the months after that. Also the whole apartment complex has roach problems and mold problems and not a good condition for my kids. We have been trying to get out of here for so long but there was no help for us. We are on the next on the list to get a place thru King county housing, but you may know we have to wait for a building to become available which could take time. We just can't afford to live here anymore my husband works for Target and makes $10:50 an hour and that is just not enough, I have been looking for part time work but I also stay home with the children because we do not have daycare or family that can take care of them. I am so scared for my family because I don't want to become homeless again and we are looking into you to see if you all could help our family out. If you have any questions or concerns please call me.
trex

Post by trex »

I am 8 month pregnant and was kicked out of my house so I moved into a low income home. It is in Chattanooga Tennessee and I am not trying to sound ungrateful but I don’t feel safe here or want my newborn little girl living here. There is a lot of drug and gang related activity openly going on and people being shot. There are rude crude remarks and threats also. I do not socialize or even come outside out of fear mainly. The other night some men were actually shooting outside my apartment. I really would like a safer place for my daughter and future husband eventually to move in to. Please any help is welcome, thank you.
Red Smith

Post by Red Smith »

I am a certified nursing aide, but low income checks. I reside in Chester PA, 19013. The apartment that I currently love in now is very hazardous and unsafe. The floors are weak, the ceiling leaks, the electric sockets are badly damaged. I live in the home with my sister and nephew who Is a year old.
We have told the landlord of the conditions of the home but he refuses to fix the problems. But he continues to take the rent money. My sister also has a boyfriend that stays at the home which makes it very hard to have a peaceful home due to the constant arguments. I cannot live in the home ANYMORE. Please I am begging for your help in finding a safe apartment to live in. I need to move immediately. Please is there any way that you may help with moving into my own place.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are working as a nursing aid, and have an income, try section 8. This is income based housing and it can get you into a safe and affordable apartment in Pennsylvania. Or if the landlord does not fix the current home, also consider suing them or going to the authorities in Chester PA. But find this information on section 8 here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... vania.html
Red Smith wrote:I reside in Chester PA, 19013. The apartment that I currently love in now is very hazardous and unsafe.
Macromediawas

Post by Macromediawas »

I live in Red Lion, PA . My husband and I need to move because of illegal drug activity in our building and we are in an unsafe apartment. We are both on SSI we have physical disabilities COPD. I have back injury, my husband suffered a heart attack, and had stents placed in his heart. Hhe had other surgeries also We are looking to move as soon as possible but do not have enough money nor help on what to do in this situation. Can you please get back to me, maybe you will have an answer to this problem, Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are unsafe, then look into a rent assistance program that may also help with deposits or housing placement. As there are many to try. Grants, legal aid, help moving and more may be offered. Find a list here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _rent.html
Macromediawas wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:08 pm I live in Red Lion, PA . My husband and I need to move because of illegal drug activity in our building and we are in an unsafe apartment.