Find low income housing

Find how to get help with rent
My_friend
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Find low income housing

Post by My_friend »

Hello, I am a single father of a 3 yr old boy. I have full custody and his mother is not in the picture. I am in need of help getting established with housing. The place that we are staying at now is not an option any longer. I would be able to help pay some of the deposit etc, but I need help getting the rest and finding a place that accepts low income families. I am not a lazy person who has never worked. I am only not working now because when i took full custody of my son I had no one to stay with with him. His mother lives in Kentucky and doesn't know him. I just need a a break to get started and once I'm in the place I can make things work. I don't do drugs and never have... I don't party, I'm just looking for help getting on my feet. I do have a phone number you can call me at. I know there there is help out there and people getting help that may not need it. I wouldn't be someone asking for it on a long term basis. Please call me at or email.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Find low income housing

Post by Admin »

That is great that are taking care of your son and doing the right thing. Sadly many people do not. Kentucky does have some housing programs you can call upon, like HEARTH and the statewide housing authority. You can find a listing of rent assistance and housing programs here, at Kentucky assistance programs and services. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ken ... grams.html
These agencies often have programs to help people get started and back on their feet.
My_friend wrote:Hello, I am a single father of a 3 yr old boy. I have full custody and his mother is not in the picture. I am in need of help getting established with housing. The place that we are staying at now is not an option any longer. I would be able to help pay some of the deposit etc, but I need help getting the rest and finding a place that accepts low income families. I am not a lazy person who has never worked. I am only not working now because when i took full custody of my son I had no one to stay with with him. His mother lives in Kentucky and doesn't know him. I just need a a break to get started and once I'm in the place I can make things work. I don't do drugs and never have... I don't party, I'm just looking for help getting on my feet. I do have a phone number you can call me at. I know there there is help out there and people getting help that may not need it. I wouldn't be someone asking for it on a long term basis. Please call me at or email.
Flipit

Post by Flipit »

I am trying to get my grandchildren from foster care and I need a bigger low income place to live and don't have the money to get a bigger place. I need to find away to pay there storage unit. It is going to be sold any day now and all there beds and pictures anything that belonged to them is in there. If there is any help out there please let me know. There are 5 children ages 14, 11, 9, 1 and 7 months. Please help the my grandchildren are everything to me.
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

I'm a 22 year old single mom of a 23 month old little boy seeking some kind of help in public housing or low
-income housing. I don't like or want to be around the living situation and environment I'm currently in.
I especially don't like my son being around or in it either. I want bigger and better things in life for
His future and this home I'm currently in isn't that but I also would like to get on my own feet for the very
1st time and put me and my son in a place which we will call our own.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I am 19 years old. My mom has severe brain damage from an incident that occurred 9 months ago. That left her disabled and unable to support my two little sisters and the cost of rent and living. Soon my mom will be released into our care and unfortunately we have no suitable, low cost place to live and no family in a position to help us financially. Unless we find a program to help us get a suitable low income house so we can focus on caring for our mom we don't know what will become of our family. We are really in need of housing assistance. Please help us because we don't know where to turn to so we efficiently care for our mom the way she cared for us.
supreme

Post by supreme »

Hi,
I am writing you to ask for any help or assistance with paying rent and finding more affordable low income housing.  I am a single mom, my son is 14 years old and has Angelman syndrome.  He does not speak and has severe developmental delays.
I was recently informed that his father will no longer be paying child support,  He has consistently paid approx. 900 dollars a month for  past three years but had changed all info to get a hold of him.  He also lives in Michigan Which poses a problem as well for child support agencies.  I just renew ed my lease where I live for one more year but do not have enough money to pay the rent now and we could end up being evicted.  We have no where else to go and I'm really worried about everything now.  We reside in Milpitas Ca. And live at Mill Creek Apartment homes.
I can cover the rent for this month but well not be able to afford to pay the rent from October and on so this is why I need to find low income housing.
If you can please give any assistance in any way we would greatly appreciate it, or direct us to any other agencies that may help....
Thank you for your time,
Abbvie

Post by Abbvie »

Hello,
I found your email address online while attempting to find agencies who might be able to help me rent a low income housing apartment in Davenport.  I have been searching for quite a while and finally found one I can afford.  This apartment is also near transportation or walking distance, so I won't have to use my SS to pay for taxis as I am used to doing.  I was quite excited to find this one after seeing so man too expensive, in bad neighborhoods, run down or too far from transportation. I have been working to get my credit score up and as of today it is over 712, I believe, which is a B or C depending on the site you're on. 
Unfortunately, I have been living in Airbnb's and motels and renting cars in my search for an apartment; the extra money I saved will be gone soon.  I had enough to pay a deposit, first month's rent and moving van costs...soon I will not.  I was evicted in the Summer of 1917 from an apartment after spending over six years renting part of a home from a landlord and paying faithfully every month (I have a letter from him stating this).  I saved all I could during that time to find my own apartment and a job I was able to do in spite of my disabilities to enable me to afford the new higher rent.  All was going fine for a while.
The job I found was caring for a thirteen-day old infant with some respiratory disorders.  The child was sent back to the hospital after my second or third day on the job with a severe virus.  I caught this virus as well and ended up in ER severely ill.  Because I had no one to care for my two cats I went home to recuperate.  The next disaster came as my car was totaled in an accident.  Without a car I lost this job.  This caused me to miss several month's rent. 
Although the Village I lived in provided an emergency $1,000 to help me stay in my apartment and another agency was working with me for the rest, my landlord cashed the check to pay his attorney fees to evict me.  The local low-income law firm advised me by phone of what to say in court and didn't think I would need an attorney with me.  The Judge would not allow me to speak and I was evicted with about two weeks to get out. This eviction left me homeless. Without a car or place to live I stayed in motels with my two cats (they are my assistance pets) until relatives paid and I just gave up.  As a senior citizen with no car or money I felt my time should be over.  Long story short I was hospitalized for several months and dropped off at yet another motel on mine own.  No social service agency knew what to do with me as they had few funds and low income senior housing had waiting lists.   Finally, I scoured online sites and found another house to share. 
Several months after moving in she told me to find another place; she was moving out of state.  Waiting lists for low income seniors in Illinois were two to seven years long and lower rents were still too much for my piddly income, I didn't qualify (my husband had refused to allow me to work when we were married).  I divorced him in my mid-30's and went back to school and worked, eventually opening my own business for nineteen years.  In 2004 an accident caused my disability and I lost my business, home, health.
Thus, after being told to move again I began my search for out of state, low income housing.  I rented cars and stayed at motels and Airbnb's.  Without a smart phone I have been lost for hours spending money on gas.  My attempt to get to Davenport, July 9, my rental car was totaled by a woman who received three tickets, did not show up in court and probably does not have insurance to pay my medical bills and the broken belongings I was carrying in my rental car.  I tried to come again but was too injured. I've been apartment hunting the last weeks instead of being in physical therapy and seeing someone for spinal and shoulder injections from the accident.  I want to start over again and live on my own and maybe work part time once I heal.  I guess I thought I would find something easily.
The apartment I finally found has rent that is just within my means, but the eviction requires someone to co-sign for me or give it up.  I have found no others within my means.  This rent is less than I paid for over six years to my landlord for renting a few rooms in his home, so I have no doubt my SS will cover it... that is secure income.  I may even be able to find a part time job because it is so close to so many things.  I am alone with no one to co-sign and will soon be out of money from motels and rental cars and on the streets.  Surely, there must be a way this can be avoided. I am a youthful thinking, very intelligent and educated woman.  If I receive the therapy and spinal injections I need, my ability to work part time may be enabled. Even without working, my SS from Disability is enough to pay the apartment rent.  Can you or any other agency help me?  I will be heading to another Iowa town tomorrow staying in an inexpensive Airbnb and driving my rental car back and forth over an hour to Davenport seeking assistance. I apologize for the lengthiness of this....wanted to get my whole story in....I am NOT irresponsible, I have had injuries beginning in my mid-fifties when I first went on Disability.  I took care of both of my elderly parents while I was disabled. Prior to my disabling accident I owned a business for nineteen years.  The accident caused the loss of my business, home, health in 2004.  Even though I will be 70 this month I want the chance to live and work once again.
My phone number is...not a fancy phone, sometimes doesn't work, usually does.   Thank you for reading this obnoxiously long letter and I hope to hear from you soon.