Find low income housing

Find how to get help with rent
My_friend
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Find low income housing

Post by My_friend » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:39 am

Hello, I am a single father of a 3 yr old boy. I have full custody and his mother is not in the picture. I am in need of help getting established with housing. The place that we are staying at now is not an option any longer. I would be able to help pay some of the deposit etc, but I need help getting the rest and finding a place that accepts low income families. I am not a lazy person who has never worked. I am only not working now because when i took full custody of my son I had no one to stay with with him. His mother lives in Kentucky and doesn't know him. I just need a a break to get started and once I'm in the place I can make things work. I don't do drugs and never have... I don't party, I'm just looking for help getting on my feet. I do have a phone number you can call me at. I know there there is help out there and people getting help that may not need it. I wouldn't be someone asking for it on a long term basis. Please call me at or email.

Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Find low income housing

Post by Admin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 am

That is great that are taking care of your son and doing the right thing. Sadly many people do not. Kentucky does have some housing programs you can call upon, like HEARTH and the statewide housing authority. You can find a listing of rent assistance and housing programs here, at Kentucky assistance programs and services. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ken ... grams.html
These agencies often have programs to help people get started and back on their feet.
My_friend wrote:Hello, I am a single father of a 3 yr old boy. I have full custody and his mother is not in the picture. I am in need of help getting established with housing. The place that we are staying at now is not an option any longer. I would be able to help pay some of the deposit etc, but I need help getting the rest and finding a place that accepts low income families. I am not a lazy person who has never worked. I am only not working now because when i took full custody of my son I had no one to stay with with him. His mother lives in Kentucky and doesn't know him. I just need a a break to get started and once I'm in the place I can make things work. I don't do drugs and never have... I don't party, I'm just looking for help getting on my feet. I do have a phone number you can call me at. I know there there is help out there and people getting help that may not need it. I wouldn't be someone asking for it on a long term basis. Please call me at or email.

Flipit

Post by Flipit » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 pm

I am trying to get my grandchildren from foster care and I need a bigger low income place to live and don't have the money to get a bigger place. I need to find away to pay there storage unit. It is going to be sold any day now and all there beds and pictures anything that belonged to them is in there. If there is any help out there please let me know. There are 5 children ages 14, 11, 9, 1 and 7 months. Please help the my grandchildren are everything to me.

acampbell

Post by acampbell » Fri May 22, 2015 11:19 am

I'm a 22 year old single mom of a 23 month old little boy seeking some kind of help in public housing or low
-income housing. I don't like or want to be around the living situation and environment I'm currently in.
I especially don't like my son being around or in it either. I want bigger and better things in life for
His future and this home I'm currently in isn't that but I also would like to get on my own feet for the very
1st time and put me and my son in a place which we will call our own.

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:16 am

I am 19 years old. My mom has severe brain damage from an incident that occurred 9 months ago. That left her disabled and unable to support my two little sisters and the cost of rent and living. Soon my mom will be released into our care and unfortunately we have no suitable, low cost place to live and no family in a position to help us financially. Unless we find a program to help us get a suitable low income house so we can focus on caring for our mom we don't know what will become of our family. We are really in need of housing assistance. Please help us because we don't know where to turn to so we efficiently care for our mom the way she cared for us.