My wife and I need help in paying our rent

Find how to get help with rent
purnell35
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My wife and I need help in paying our rent

Post by purnell35 »

Hello, I would like to take the time to thank you for reading my letter.
Me and my wife need some help in paying our rent for this month. I've been on shart time at my job for over 6 months now. I have only been working 3 days a week and some weeks i donot work at all.It has been very hard for my wife and 3 kids,sometimes i donot know how i'm going to prvide food for me and my family or how were going to pay the bills.My wife has been trying to pay most of the bills on her on, but it's getting very hard for her becouse she donot make that much money.I donot have any one i can turn to for help becouse most of my frends and family members are experiencing financial hardship allso.I have been looking for another job but it has been very hard in this economy.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: My wife and I need help in paying our rent

Post by Admin »

I see you live in North Carolina and need rent help. NC offers an Emergency Assistance program, which is basically for families that are experiencing a financial crisis or emergency. Those familes may be eligible for financial help to pay for bills, including rent, housing and utilities, and more.
erkel

Post by erkel »

I am a father of 3 children. I am in need of help to pay my utilities and rent. I am trying to get back on track after my wife lost her job. My gas has been cut off and my electricity is next. I am trying to work with my rental agency with my rent to see if they can give me any money or grant. Can you please help me? We also have a high amount of credit card debt that is really hurting us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you need multiple types of help, I think your best option is to go to the main site of needhelppayingbills.com There you will find info on how to get help with energy bills, credit card debt, utilities, and much more. For example, here is just a sampling of some credit card programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _debt.html
erkel wrote:I am a father of 3 children. I am in need of help to pay my utilities and rent. I am trying to get back on track after my wife lost her job. My gas has been cut off and my electricity is next. I am trying to work with my rental agency with my rent to see if they can give me any money or grant. Can you please help me? We also have a high amount of credit card debt that is really hurting us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you need multiple types of help, I think your best option is to go to the main site of needhelppayingbills.com There you will find info on how to get help with energy bills, credit card debt, utilities, and much more. For example, here is just a sampling of some credit card programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _debt.html
erkel wrote:I am a father of 3 children. I am in need of help to pay my utilities and rent. I am trying to get back on track after my wife lost her job. My gas has been cut off and my electricity is next. I am trying to work with my rental agency with my rent to see if they can give me any money or grant. Can you please help me? We also have a high amount of credit card debt that is really hurting us.
Preetip

Post by Preetip »

We need help with are rent i have been laid off and i cant fine work im a truck driver i get Employment i get 339.00 a week and are rent is 900.00 a month. wife right now has the only income for us right now. We do try to save some out of each of my checks we have a 400.00 Pud bill we have had are power turn off i have a handey cap soon and my wilf is disable and i have delexcy if never had to ask for help before but we need help and i hope you can help us or we will be living in are cars im a vetern. Am trying to find help on getting gas in my car to find work...i am a fullk time student at bcc, i am also trying to find help to get diapers for my kid, insurance for my car, pay the rest of what i owe for my tag on my car and get gas in my car...are their any charities that can help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Be sure to contact a HUD approved agency. They are certified by the feds, and can direct people to dozens of rental assistance programs and options. Look into rapid rehousing and homeless prevention, section 8 housing vouchers, community action agencies, and homeless prevention grants. Details are extensive.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hou ... ment_.html
Preetip wrote:We need help with are rent i have been laid off and i cant fine work im a truck driver i get Employment i get 339.00 a week and are rent is 900.00 a month. wife right now has the only income for us right now. We do try to save some out of each of my checks we have a 400.00 Pud bill we have had are power turn off i have a handey cap soon and my wilf is disable and i have delexcy if never had to ask for help before but we need help and i hope you can help us or we will be living in are cars im a vetern. Am trying to find help on getting gas in my car to find work...i am a fullk time student at bcc, i am also trying to find help to get diapers for my kid, insurance for my car, pay the rest of what i owe for my tag on my car and get gas in my car...are their any charities that can help?
JohnnyBe

Post by JohnnyBe »

my family and i moved to stockton ca on July 3 2010, from Los Angeles, was wrongfully evicted from our apartment, was on section8 housing authority of santa clara cty. Bay area legal aid in Los Angeles ca took our case with our landlord,now helping us with a fight to keep our housing voucher. i lost my job in March 2011, in may 2011 rent increase adjustment from housing worker. notified my worker of my income change and employment status. as well as notified her of my immediate application with social services calworks,program for cash aid medical and food stamps for emergency bases. sent in all required of me of my families and myself approval after three days of back and forth at welfare offices. received notice of actions of approval for family benefits with amounts and dates start dates. our housing worker received all i took in to housing office first week of june 2011. so she can readjust our rent of 647. to a lower amount because of family income decrease. she did not do within 14 days as she claimed and is stated in rules for housings policies . she took 3 maybe 3and a half months to change families portion of rent in mid august. after we were evicted and homeless. we had no choice but to relocate here were we now have opportunities and help resources to help us to a new beginning and as we ait for bay area legal to fight in court for this big wrong to us. we can without housing able to see a bright future with assistance or without section 8. all we need is one stepping stone one that will allow us to begin our new life and get us to that level, through that door . first thing is help with deposit and first months rent. and from this we have non stop searched for jobs, got our two sons 14,11 in school in a new town. to start a new chapter in our book. after going through loss of our home our stability and security and being separated for almost a month. just so they could be safe have a roof a bed some security with my mother.while we their father and mother were literally around the corner sleeping in a van and going to community centers to eat. only to have the parents really sleeping on the streets for two days after san jose police impounded our shelter.so now in a new city in a all time low. we jumped at the opportunity to go where all that is given is a chance more than one and endless opportunities , plenty of jobs to work for and we'll our dark cloud shined brightly with our silver lining. so all we ask is a chance to be together to be whole again. we will have that security and stability again. just as i said we need help. thank you for the opportunity to be heard.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we can't provide the stepping stone for you, but you do have many agencies to call for advice on assistance in Los Angeles. A few dozen main charities and agencies operate in the city and county, and probably any one of them can help you. Find our listing of Los Angeles assistance programs and agencies, such as the Arcadia Welfare and Thrift Shop (626) 447-6864 or the Long Beach Community Action Partnership which can be called at (562) 264-3900. All offer utility, rent, and mortgage assistance programs.
JohnnyBe wrote:my family and i moved to stockton ca on July 3 2010, from Los Angeles, was wrongfully evicted from our apartment, was on section8 housing authority of santa clara cty. Bay area legal aid in Los Angeles ca took our case with our landlord,now helping us with a fight to keep our housing voucher. i lost my job in March 2011, in may 2011 rent increase adjustment from housing worker. notified my worker of my income change and employment status. as well as notified her of my immediate application with social services calworks,program for cash aid medical and food stamps for emergency bases. sent in all required of me of my families and myself approval after three days of back and forth at welfare offices. received notice of actions of approval for family benefits with amounts and dates start dates. our housing worker received all i took in to housing office first week of june 2011. so she can readjust our rent of 647. to a lower amount because of family income decrease. she did not do within 14 days as she claimed and is stated in rules for housings policies . she took 3 maybe 3and a half months to change families portion of rent in mid august. after we were evicted and homeless. we had no choice but to relocate here were we now have opportunities and help resources to help us to a new beginning and as we ait for bay area legal to fight in court for this big wrong to us. we can without housing able to see a bright future with assistance or without section 8. all we need is one stepping stone one that will allow us to begin our new life and get us to that level, through that door . first thing is help with deposit and first months rent. and from this we have non stop searched for jobs, got our two sons 14,11 in school in a new town. to start a new chapter in our book. after going through loss of our home our stability and security and being separated for almost a month. just so they could be safe have a roof a bed some security with my mother.while we their father and mother were literally around the corner sleeping in a van and going to community centers to eat. only to have the parents really sleeping on the streets for two days after san jose police impounded our shelter.so now in a new city in a all time low. we jumped at the opportunity to go where all that is given is a chance more than one and endless opportunities , plenty of jobs to work for and we'll our dark cloud shined brightly with our silver lining. so all we ask is a chance to be together to be whole again. we will have that security and stability again. just as i said we need help. thank you for the opportunity to be heard.
Realsimple

Post by Realsimple »

I have had to move in with my son, his wife, their three children, my daughter, her daughter and her son. We are now in a two bedroom one bathroom living room and kitchen. We could not afford the apartment we were living in. I only receive a disability check my daughter can't find work and my so only brings home about $200 a week.
Maxie Mueller

Post by Maxie Mueller »

My wife and I am in need of rental assistance for a three bedroom apartment. I am being harassed by my landlords because I asked for a grace period of up to 4 days in paying the rent but because its not paid on the first they said they will not accept my rent, so I went and typed a letter up and requested that I live out my security deposit instead because I do not want to argue with them. I just want to move in peace with my wife and get away from the situations to avoid any police activity. It's just that simple.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did your lease say they need to give you a 4 day grace period for the rent? If it did not, then the landlord has zero obligation to provide it to you. You are not entitled to it...the landlord leases a place as a business. They have expenses, have obligation, etc. Do you just think they should give you the property for free? Lets say you did work for a company and the company says "we won't pay you...we need extra time to maybe do that". How would you react? Anyhow, we will get off our soapbox, and use this to find resources that can offer help paying your rent, so call them.
Maxie Mueller wrote:My wife and I am in need of rental assistance for a three bedroom apartment. I am being harassed by my landlords because I asked for a grace period of up to 4 days in paying the rent but because its not paid on the first they said they will not accept my rent, so I went and typed a letter up and requested that I live out my security deposit instead because I do not want to argue with them. I just want to move in peace with my wife and get away from the situations to avoid any police activity. It's just that simple.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

I have been staying in this apartment for almost 4 years paying 875 with my husband, my wife and 2 kids. The neighbors we had when we first moved there also paid 875. Then in September we get new neighbors and he decides to charge them 1000 water included so without notice we think that we are good on bills.
Then the landlord comes and say we behind in rent. But how? He apparently up the rent to 1000 and now he has threatened us to take us to court and kick us out, both me and my wife. He wrote 10 on your side and no response. I do to have the money to up and move because he decides to up the rent so now I'm stuck until I can make better moves. Can you please help in any way with this situation.