Can a renter apply for weatherization?

Find how to get help with rent
gappeach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Can a renter apply for weatherization?

Post by gappeach »

Can a renter use the the federal government has weatherization assistance programs and is giving thousands of dollars in grants to people. I rent and would like to get these grants so I can reduce my energy bills and save on heating costs in my apartment. Is a renter elegible?
LaurieinNY

Re: Can a renter apply for weatherization?

Post by LaurieinNY »

gappeach wrote:Can a renter use the the federal government has weatherization assistance programs and is giving thousands of dollars in grants to people. I rent and would like to get these grants so I can reduce my energy bills and save on heating costs in my apartment. Is a renter elegible?
Yes, if you rent you can take advatage of weatherization grants. Renters and familes that get PIP, HEAP, TANF, SSI, or other low income assistance, or who meet the income limits, must apply to your landlord. You then need to sign an agreement and also must pay a small cash contribution toward the cost of services. And the landlord contribution is greater if heat is included in the monthly rent that you pay or if extensive heating work is needed. Landlords who meet the income limits themselves can have that contribution limit and requirement waived by the program.
Bobbie13
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can a renter apply for weatherization?

Post by Bobbie13 »

Thank you first of all for your time. Weatherization is our specific need for our rent house. Only so it wouldn't be tough like it has been the past 4 years we've lived here. We all end up in the same room some winters. So if we could get some help from you it would be a great blessing to our family of five. Thank you,