Homeless from domestic abuse...

Find how to get help with rent
nikky025
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless from domestic abuse...

Post by nikky025 »

New here. Im a 30 yr old woman, now homeless due to domestic abuse. I have a vehicle but nowhere to live and no family. Looking for any type of assistance in the state of iowa? If you know any information, please help? Nikky025@msn.com. Thank You!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless from domestic abuse...

Post by Admin »

It depends on where you live in Iowa...just need the county. While we wait for that information, use this for Iowa assistance programs. We have extensive information here, with link to many other programs, local agencies, rent and housing assistance, and other programs from this page.
nikky025 wrote:New here. Im a 30 yr old woman, now homeless due to domestic abuse. I have a vehicle but nowhere to live and no family. Looking for any type of assistance in the state of iowa? If you know any information, please help? Nikky025@msn.com. Thank You!
C Jones

Post by C Jones »

Hello, my childhood friend is in need of any help and support that she can get. She is a single mother of two and is currently living in a homeless program as she was abused. She has 1 1/2 months to find a job and a place to live or she will be homeless. Due to getting $600.00 a month in child support, she does not qualify for welfare's housing assistance. But who knows how long her ex will pay her support as he did abuse her. She has an Associate's degree in Business Administration, however, has been unsuccessful in finding a job. She even tried to continue her education, however, her two small children are autistic and has to give her attention to them. Is there any advice or programs you can suggest that would help her? She does not have family to support or help her and I can only do so much as well. She needs a place to live (such as an apartment) and a job. Social services do not provide much help to her. I pray every day that she will be able to come out from under this hardship. Any help would appreciative. Thank you very much and God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If she is in a shelter, but getting $600, can't she save that money for a home or a deposit? It seems like the state may be able to help for her children, but then she can save money for other expenses and needs to. I don't know...seems like it makes sense to us. And other programs and options for your part of Indiana can be found here. So good luck and great of you to be on the lookout for a friend. http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch ... rsg8bc1kvd
C Jones wrote:Hello, my childhood friend is in need of any help and support that she can get. She is a single mother of two and is currently living in a homeless program as she was abused. She has 1 1/2 months to find a job and a place to live or she will be homeless. Due to getting $600.00 a month in child support, she does not qualify for welfare's housing assistance. But who knows how long her ex will pay her support as he did abuse her. She has an Associate's degree in Business Administration, however, has been unsuccessful in finding a job. She even tried to continue her education, however, her two small children are autistic and has to give her attention to them. Is there any advice or programs you can suggest that would help her? She does not have family to support or help her and I can only do so much as well. She needs a place to live (such as an apartment) and a job. Social services do not provide much help to her. I pray every day that she will be able to come out from under this hardship. Any help would appreciative. Thank you very much and God Bless!
Clear One

Post by Clear One »

Approximately 3 months ago myself, my son and my boyfriend moved into an apartment, within those months he started to abuse me. I called the police, he was arrested, and now don't know what to do. I only have my unemployment coming in, unable to make my rent for February. Can you guide me in the right direction for help to pay my Rent? Thank You.
ParkerP

Post by ParkerP »

I am currently homeless, and I am almost 5 months pregnant. I fled a domestic violence situation. I have not been sleeping on the street, but staying at family or friends' houses. I cannot stay at these places permanently because they are overcrowded and are not able to let me stay there with a child. I am getting nervous as I get further into my pregnancy, because I want my baby and myself to have a stable, safe, permanent home, and I don’t want my baby to be taken away by Social services because I don’t have stable housing.
I attempted to apply for section 8 but the list is closed, even to those impacted by domestic abuse. I have contacted other places too that provide housing assistance, but I have not had any luck as of yet. I also am struggling with food right now. I do not have food stamp benefits and I have been struggling. I am working on getting them but its taking time. I am having a complicated pregnancy, so I am unable to work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Domestic violence victims are usually given priority to section 8 in Nebraska. Maybe ask that question to see if you can get bumped up on the waiting list. Or if that is not possible, there are still other charity housing programs in the region to try. They may offer short term help for you (since you are pregnant) while you wait on the section 8 housing list. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... raska.html
Ovechkin

Post by Ovechkin »

Hi. I am a single mother of two. I am 24 and my kids are 4 and 1. I am interesting in a program for housing. I am in an abusive relationship; both physical and emotional and want to get out of it. I have no place for my children and me to go. I am a stay at home mom so I have no source of income. I do have some money put a side but it is not enough for housing. I am looking for any kind of help possible. I am from Bensalem PA, Bucks County.