Houston rent assistance

Find how to get help with rent
MarkLow12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Houston rent assistance

Post by MarkLow12 »

Where can I go for rent assistance and help in Houston Texas? I am behind on my payments, and May rent is due in a couple weeks. I do not want to become evicted, and maybe even homeless. Can someone please send me some immediate cash to help me thru this emergency. Thank you much Mark
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Houston rent assistance

Post by Admin »

Here is a charity to try in Houston. Try Catholic charities for rent help
The rental assistance program at Guadalupe Center is primarily focused on families in crisis. The address is 326 South Jensen Drive, Houston, Texas 77003
http://www.catholiccharities.org/en/cms/81/
Jasmine13

Post by Jasmine13 »

I am a single unemployed mother with no support system that was released from St Josephs in Houston on May 31st. I had heart failure. I have been trying to get assistance with rent since before June 1. today I received a letter stating I have until THIS Friday 7/20/12 or eviction precessing will begin. I am also dealing with my recovery from heart failure 5/31/12, the recovering of my stolen car, being sued for old debts and a baby. I am afraid I am at my wits end and beg for any assistance that may be available.
Cuomo

Post by Cuomo »

I need help paying my rent for the months of May and June. I just lost my fiancé in a motorcycle crash and I'm now a single mother of my one year old son, and eight year old son and I'm expecting our daughter in April. I was a stay at home mother, while Chad worked full time. Now that's he's gone I'm left alone in Houston Texas and with no finances. Its been a major struggle and challenge every day. All I ask is for a small blessing, not for me, but my children. Thank you and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry for your loss. There are several churches and charities to try in the Houston Texas area for rent help. Even if they do not have funding available, they can generally offer qualified applicants referrals and other forms of support as well, and find a list of them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
The Monster

Post by The Monster »

Hello I recently got married and my wife and I lost our temporary positions with Hughes Federal Credit Union in Houston, so we missed our rent payment. We now find ourselves jobless and it has been tough financially. I moved out of the Rock Ridge Apartments in Tucson back in November when the two people I was living with were stealing from me and committing fraud under my name. I tried to write the apartment complex a letter and filed a police report and there was proven fraud under my name.
I have been out of work actively searching in Houston however I got a letter from a collection company yesterday asking me if I can pay $1240 for back rent. The apartment complex would take my name of any debts owed to them and go after the other two for the rest of the balance. I trust God that he will pull me through this but I am just really stressed about it I know the word teaches to not worry about anything and give it up to God. I just don't know what to do. I appreciate your time.
Chicken

Post by Chicken »

I lost my job earlier in August so I am behind on rent for August and September Plus I have an eviction notice and late notice fees which probably is about $2,000. I'm able to provide the apartment complex information that way you can contact them yourselves just to verify how much I owe.
I live in Houston Texas, 77074. I have found another job but it starts in 2 weeks so if I do receive financial help so me and my 5 year old daughter can stay in our home I can pay bills with the new job.
Alessia

Post by Alessia »

Hello,
I am a single mother of 3 children. I moved here to Houston Texas last September. This was our fresh start. It sometime but we finally got a place to call our own. I was recently let got at my job and I am behind on the rent. I am in desperate need of some EMERGENCY help. We were homeless the first 4 months of being here in Houston. I have no family or anyone that is able to help me. Please help us I don't want to see the look on my kids face when I have to tell them we would be homeless again. I have a new job lined up I just to catch up on my past due rent. Thank you reading, I look forward to hearing from you.
Jennifer Baker

Post by Jennifer Baker »

Hi,  I live in Houston Texas.
My roommate and I are trying to get caught up on our rent. We were actually almost there when first I came down sick with some stomach bug and missed almost a whole week at work. I do not have pot. In addition, my auto was acting funny and took it into a dealership to have them run the codes and the man said it is my transmission. I needed to replace it. I asked him for a ballpark and he said about 4000.00. I panicked. I did not have that kind of money and I make payments every two weeks on the auto. I did a real quick find another auto at planet ford in humble. My credit is very bad right now so it was my only option so I could continue to work. At my job, I am only considered a sub. Have been waiting for them to give me a permanent position that they keep saying is going to happen. I also teach a senior’s aerobics class 3 times a week where I make some extra pay. And I am also a crafter. Summer months, I don't work, it is too hot and nobody buys anything. We had about 3 to 4 shows rained out and they did not make them up.
Put that altogether and it we have gotten behind on the rent and we live in the city of Houston. They were working with us but now I have an eviction notice. I gave them $600.00 and right after I did that they filed for the eviction. I have no money to move, I will be homeless if they evict us and I just don't know what to do. All I am asking of our landlord is to give us more time.
Can you please tell me how I can find financial help to get me caught up on my rent asap?