Disabled mother needs emergency rental assistance

Find how to get help with rent
loofer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled mother needs emergency rental assistance

Post by loofer »

My husband has just left me last night. I am on permanent disability and I am frantically searching for emergency help to sustain us in our rent home. It is due on the 7th of January 2012. My landlord let me move into his house (he did NOT have me sign a contract) and told me he wants to sell the house but will allow me to live here as long as I need to. Are there any laws that will protect me and my son from being evicted? I have lived here almost 3 years and have always paid my rent. I am devastated and don't know what help is available for us in Ashley County, Arkansas and on the Government level and I need help finding out what resources are out there to help us stay in our rent home and pay the utilities. It is my understanding that alot of these programs have long waiting lists. Although, I have been told that funds are available at the beginning of each new year and it is first come first served. Is this true?

Can you help direct me to ALL of the resources whether by State or Government?

Thank you in advance for your time. Merry Christmas
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled mother needs emergency rental assistance

Post by Admin »

We do not know what laws there are, but there is a free legal aid program in Arkansas for income qualified individuals. Lawyers will provide advice, representation, and services (at no cost) to income qualified people. Read about free legal aid in Arkansas and get phone numbers and more information.
Some other programs and agencies to call operate in the region as well. They may be able to provide information on housing, maybe financial aid, advice, etc. Find a listing of Ashley County assistance programs and agencies to call.
loofer wrote:My husband has just left me last night. I am on permanent disability and I am frantically searching for emergency help to sustain us in our rent home. It is due on the 7th of January 2012. My landlord let me move into his house (he did NOT have me sign a contract) and told me he wants to sell the house but will allow me to live here as long as I need to. Are there any laws that will protect me and my son from being evicted? I have lived here almost 3 years and have always paid my rent. I am devastated and don't know what help is available for us in Ashley County, Arkansas and on the Government level and I need help finding out what resources are out there to help us stay in our rent home and pay the utilities. It is my understanding that alot of these programs have long waiting lists. Although, I have been told that funds are available at the beginning of each new year and it is first come first served. Is this true?

Can you help direct me to ALL of the resources whether by State or Government?

Thank you in advance for your time. Merry Christmas
Vicker

Post by Vicker »

My mom was going to help with one month rent so my kids and I could finally be in a stable place. We have been bouncing around for 3 weeks because she didn't want us in her home anymore. I have cancer. My friend has a full basement he rents out and his landlord told him to get someone in or him and his 3 girls would have to move. My mom agreed to help so we are here and now she won't help because it's not where she wants us. It's all about control. I need only one month 500 hundred so I can get back on my feet. My disability will begin in the next 30 to 60 days and I have retro Ssi coming also. so I can pay back the rent money. Please help????
Alliedc

Post by Alliedc »

Disabled mother of four in Memphis with disabled kids is in desperate need of help to avoid homelessness which can be life threatening to one of my very sick child. I am sick and very devastated after being evicted a several times due to a very low income to afford my rent. I have applied for SSI which I have been denied and I am now waiting for an appeal with the help of a lawyer. Please help a family in need of emergency help.
EA Smith

Post by EA Smith »

MY MOTHER WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND HAD VASCULAR SURGERY ON ARTERY IN NECK. SHE ALSO SUFFERS FROM RADIAL NERVE PALSY AND CANNOT USE HER RIGHT ARM. CURRENTLY MY DAD IS SELF EMPLOYED ROOFING COMPANY AND THE ONLY PROVIDER FOR HIS HOME. HE HAS SERVE DIABETES AND CURRENTLY IN THE HOSPITAL. THEY HAVE NO INCOME COMING IN AT THE TIME AND NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THEIR HOME THEY ARE CURRENTLY RENTING SO THEY DO NOT BECOME HOMELESS. PLEASE PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION THEY MAY BE OF ASSISTANCE FOR THEM SO I CAN TRY TO HELP THEM.
Berry

Post by Berry »

I have fallen behind on my rent as I did not get a check for 1 full month as my FMLA did not kick in until I missed 2 full weeks of work. I am only receiving 60% of my pay and they have to take out my insurance payment, taxes so I am currently receiving about 700 month and my rent is 440 along with paying my utilities. If I can bring my rent up to date with some help I am hoping that my landlord will forgive late charges and possibly lower my rent until I get back to work and then I can pay the extra I owe him in monthly payments. I was not prepared for this.
Alex Gursky

Post by Alex Gursky »

I am a disabled single mother renting a home in Lawrenceville, Ga. I have four children and I do not receive child support. My rent is $925.00 a month. I cannot work do to my disability and receive S.S. benefits of $1,200.00 a month which is not enough to keep a roof over my children's head and utilities and provide food. I do not have any family to turn to and have nowhere to go. I am in need of rental assistance for the next two months or we will be homeless. If there is anything you can do to help us I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That seems to be pretty high rent for Georgia. There are some government supported housing programs for the disabled, such as section 811, but we doubt they will pay $925 in rent, especially when you get that much from SSI. However you can try to apply for help. Note there is usually a waiting list in place as well. Find more information on disabled housing programs.