Facing eviction in South Carolina

Find how to get help with rent
Tebowing
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Facing eviction in South Carolina

Post by Tebowing »

I have a hard time asking for help. Here it goes. I am disabled. I was receiving S.S. until July 2011. The S.S. office says i am no longer disabled. that's awesome if it were true. I signed up for assistance. I am now facing eviction for non payment of rent for November and Dec. i now owe $ 1149 plus late fees. S.C.E. the Eletc. co. is now $ 766.42 . My new monthly income is $ 491. i am 42 no previous evictions, no felony i have a lot of young adults depending on me. My son had to drop his collage courses to get a full time job. I Need Help! To top it all off My neighbor the apt maintenance guy has been violating my 4th amendment rights for over a year now and shows no signs of stopping. HELP!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Facing eviction in South Carolina

Post by Admin »

Here are a host of programs for South Carolina residents. Find resources to help with that S.C.E. bill, as well as emergency rental, food, and other assistance by town and county in South Carolina. They are all listed from this page here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sou ... _prog.html Look into legally contesting the ruling from the social security office to on your disability.
Tebowing wrote:I have a hard time asking for help. Here it goes. I am disabled. I was receiving S.S. until July 2011. The S.S. office says i am no longer disabled. that's awesome if it were true. I signed up for assistance. I am now facing eviction for non payment of rent for November and Dec. i now owe $ 1149 plus late fees. S.C.E. the Eletc. co. is now $ 766.42 . My new monthly income is $ 491. i am 42 no previous evictions, no felony i have a lot of young adults depending on me. My son had to drop his collage courses to get a full time job. I Need Help! To top it all off My neighbor the apt maintenance guy has been violating my 4th amendment rights for over a year now and shows no signs of stopping. HELP!!
Namco

Post by Namco »

I have paid part of my rent but I am still behind on the rent. I do not have anybody that I can turn to and I have already received an eviction notice. I have a 4 year old son and a 7 year old daughter to think about. Can you please help me, in Charleston.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can provide you resources to call to apply for help. We don't provide cash assistance ourselves. There are many charities and non-profits in Charleston County South Carolina, so you do have a number of phone calls you can make. Some will also prioritize assistance for children, so that is a positive for you. Locate Charleston South Carolina rental assistance.
JohnChandler

Post by JohnChandler »

My children and I are facing immediate eviction, due to me becoming unemployed and falling two months behind in rent. Family members having been helping me financially through this past 6 months of me being unemployed. I recently started working again and was able to save up 1 month rent but need help with the other portion. My family no longer has the means to help me.
If I can get any assistance in getting the other portion owed, I would be beyond grateful! Moving forward I believe I can't handle my rent in SC myself, it will be a struggle but I'll have something to work with. Please help me!
Speedboat

Post by Speedboat »

I am a homeless felon living in the Greenville County SC area. I was wondering if there are any State or local agencies that may help me find a place to live. I have stayed at the local shelters but am only able to stay a night or two.
I am trying desperately to find a job, but when they do a background search I never get the job. I know I have done wrong but I went to prison to pay for my mistakes. I need help to stop an eviction, can you help or refer me to someone who may be able to. Thanking you in advance for time in this matter.
Sylvia Harris

Post by Sylvia Harris »

Hello. I live in Irmo, South Carolina. I am a single mom of 4 kids living on a substitute teacher’s salary....right now I am not working. Not till school starts. I am desperately looking for a new full time job but no lucky yet.
I am trying to pay my bills but my rent has fallen behind...and my landlord knew this time of year would be hard for me. He now tells me on Thursday I have to come up with $3500 by Monday or I need to leave. I don't have anywhere to go. I have no family or friends to help. I am beyond desperate. I have $400 as of right now....but I don't know what I am going to do. My kids and have bounced from place to place and this has been the most stable home they have had in 3 years.
I need help. I am lost & have no idea what to do
Please let me know what to do!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Impossible. First of all, there is no way to support 4 kids on a substitute teacher salary...not even in South Carolina where rent and cost of living is low. There is no way any agency or government program will give anyone $3500. That is a ton of money. Maybe you can get a few bucks, but even that is doubtful as you have no way to sustain yourself. So you will find yourself facing eviction again...probably a month from now. So go live with someone to save money, or get a much better job. Try these eviction prevention programs in South Carolina for advice on how to go down that path.
Sylvia Harris wrote:Hello. I live in Irmo, South Carolina. I am a single mom of 4 kids living on a substitute teacher’s salary....right now I am not working. Not till school starts. I am desperately looking for a new full time job but no lucky yet.
I am trying to pay my bills but my rent has fallen behind...and my landlord knew this time of year would be hard for me. He now tells me on Thursday I have to come up with $3500 by Monday or I need to leave. I don't have anywhere to go. I have no family or friends to help. I am beyond desperate. I have $400 as of right now....but I don't know what I am going to do. My kids and have bounced from place to place and this has been the most stable home they have had in 3 years.
I need help. I am lost & have no idea what to do
Please let me know what to do!
Drew Drew

Post by Drew Drew »

Hello, I'm trying to get assistance with my rent. I am two months behind and about to be evicted by the end if this month. I don't want to lose my apartment being that I have three girls. I am from Columbia, SC and recently just got a job but, do not make enough to pay two months past due rent that has to be paid before the end of this month or I will be evicted. if there is any agency's that can assist me I would greatly appreciate. Even if the assistance would just help with one month and also some assistance with light bill.
MacMac

Post by MacMac »

I have been to the action agency for help. I have an eviction notice and the community action agency is refusing to help me because my emergency has been over 30 days. I fell behind in my rent due to several situations back in July.
I have been trying to catch up on my own but I am falling further and further behind. So I tried reaching out for help. A few friends of mine told me about Darlington County Action Agency in South Carolina. I had been trying to get in touch with someone at my designated site for 2 weeks. Finally I talked to a Mrs. Rutherford yesterday Who told me I should look for a cheaper place to stay.
They say because I'm on disability and not working my emergency does not fit the criteria. They both refuse to explain to me what exactly they call an emergency. My car went down it cost me 975 to fix, my sons are seasonal workers for Dent King Farms so they are out of work and I have an eviction notice so if these are not emergency situations please tell me what is. So if at all possible please tell me what else to do.
Siva1

Post by Siva1 »

I of Anderson South Carolina am reaching out to ask you for help to prevent myself and my daughter from being evicted. I recently fell on hard times during an illness that fell upon me. In the process of myself being sick, hospitalized, and homebound for months I ended up losing my job of 10 years. I don't know the process in the steps to take for your program and I know I haven't did anything for your church I've never heard of you until on Google just now. But I’m go out on a limb and ask if you can help me I asked that you please do in Jesus name.
Thank you
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Hi. My name is Melissa. I live James Island, SC. I’m on social security disability. I have MS, spinal cord injury, bipolar disorder. etc.
I was $30 short on my rent due to an explanation  beyond my control. Since my rent did not go thru the fees are so high and now they are $324.60!  I was informed 2 days ago that they will begin filling the eviction papers on January 14th. I’m trying to go thru websites that offer help and I’m having a really hard time. I’m so overwhelmed and it’s a lot of information and I can only see out of one eye because of the type of MS I have.
I don’t have anyone to help me with this.I still have the actual rent available in my account. Online there looks like a lot of resources for help and I need emergency assistance please??
I’m so sick and this situation is aggravating all of my symptoms.
Please help me somehow? My email is this one.
I do not answer all the unknown #s I get, you can text me. Or give me your phone #? I just need some help this one time, I’m so sorry. I’m scared, I’m way too sick to be homeless., I’m terrified.
Thank you Melissa