Rent assistance for seniors

Find how to get help with rent
JJJudy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent assistance for seniors

Post by JJJudy »

I would like some information regarding assistance with rent. My parent, who is a senior citizen and lives in Charlotte with his grandmother, has been unemployed for a long time. He has just been offered a job in western NC and has to move. He doesn't have any money for deposits or first month's rent. Is there any assistance for him?
Thank you,
ChuckieMac

Post by ChuckieMac »

I need one time help with my rent. I get 1132.00 per month in income from my pension. I pay 900.00 rent. I am disabled, a senior and I can not work anymore. I live in NEw Hampshire. I just want get enough food in the house so I can get ahead on that. I have copays for medications and due to my disability I must buy them. I need to catch up on my bills so I won't be behind all the time. So if I could get help with rent onetime that will help me to buy food and catch up on my bills. Thank you
RandPaul

Post by RandPaul »

I have to have my rent by Friday or I am homeless. I broke my hand and was unable to go back to work, I have short term disability insurance and they never sent my check I was depending on paying the rent with. I'm battling with them now but I'm out of time and have absolutely no place to go... I am a senior caring for a 7 year old daughter and a set of twin daughters that are 2 years old. I'm desperately needing help before Friday.
Advair

Post by Advair »

Good Afternoon,
I am reaching out to you on behalf of my parents in hopes of helping them find affordable housing with a low rent in Midland, Texas. They are elderly and disabled with a limited income. Any direction you could offer would be most appreciated.
Thank you.
MeandMe

Post by MeandMe »

Dear Sirs: I am a 61 year old lady, who will turn 62 this year, who at this time is having problems paying the rent on my senior based apartment where I’m currently living. I’m unable to pay this month's rent due to decreased work and pay and I dont want to lose this apartment. Is there any way that you might be able to help me with my rental issue. Also, would I qualify for rental assistance in the form of help with my monthly rent? Please sirs, I don't want to lose this place for seniors. I need this help ASAP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, try one of the emergency rent assistance programs listed on the site. You may get priority as you are 62 years young. As far as other options, find senior housing programs from section 202 and other HUD options. They may be a long term solution for you.
MeandMe wrote:Dear Sirs: I am a 61 year old lady, who will turn 62 this year, who at this time is having problems paying the rent on my senior based apartment where I’m currently living. I’m unable to pay this month's rent due to decreased work and pay and I dont want to lose this apartment. Is there any way that you might be able to help me with my rental issue. Also, would I qualify for rental assistance in the form of help with my monthly rent? Please sirs, I don't want to lose this place for seniors. I need this help ASAP.
Oceans

Post by Oceans »

Hello, I have a question. I just recently lost my job and I am in dire need of help with my rent. I'm not sure who to talk to that helps seniors but I have had a great work history never been in trouble. I'm just going through so much at one time. The other problem is I don't have any children and I'm not sure if there are and programs that help me. I'm a very hard working senior person and I know I'll have a new job soon but I need help now. I would not ask if I didn't. Please help me. I'm 32 and me just need one time help. Please contact me and tell if any help is available for assistance with my August rent, thank you.
JAA

Post by JAA »

Hello,
  I am contacting you on behalf of my father-in-law. He is 66 years old senior citizen and has been living with us for the past 3 years. He hasn’t been able to pay us much in rent as he is on social security and has no other income other than that. I am trying to help him figure out if he would qualify for section 8 housing or some kind of rental assistance for seniors. What would be his first steps and what kind of assistance can he get if any? What does it take to qualify for such a program? Any help is appreciated.