Desperately need help with back rent - facing eviction

Find how to get help with rent
lhqueen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Desperately need help with back rent - facing eviction

Post by lhqueen »

I am in Oregon and taking care of 3 kids myself. I got an eviction notice from our manager. I have a day or two to pay $750. I can come up with the rest of what I owe. I tried to call St.Vincent to get emergency help, and I can't get through. I constantly get a busy signal. I'm scared were going to lose our place. I have work now but I can't just make up the $750 that I am behind on in two days. What other resources are there besides St.Vincent that will help me with in the next 24 hours? Can you just go into St. Vincent personally and get help, or is there a really long line? Thanks for any help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Desperately need help with back rent - facing eviction

Post by Admin »

We never recommend waiting until last minute. But that is too late now. You did not mention where in Oregon, so we can't tell you where to go as Oregon is a big state. So try this. Here is our information on Oregon financial assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ore ... grams.html
The individual cities and counties are down the page, so scroll down and select your specific area in Oregon. It is good to call first, but can't hurt to stop by since so little time. Nothing like a face to face conversation.
lhqueen wrote:I am in Oregon and taking care of 3 kids myself. I got an eviction notice from our manager. I have a day or two to pay $750. I can come up with the rest of what I owe. I tried to call St.Vincent to get emergency help, and I can't get through. I constantly get a busy signal. I'm scared were going to lose our place. I have work now but I can't just make up the $750 that I am behind on in two days. What other resources are there besides St.Vincent that will help me with in the next 24 hours? Can you just go into St. Vincent personally and get help, or is there a really long line? Thanks for any help.
Soccerlover

Post by Soccerlover »

Hi,
My husband was put on administrative leave (at the Post Office) recently and he will not be getting paid during this time. We are not sure, if he will be fired or stay there. We just checked his next (maybe last) paycheck online and it is only $90(ninety). I am a veteran from US Army and my husband is a veteran from USAF. We have two young children, 10 & 5 years old, and live in Virginia Beach. We have no savings, no family & no friends. We don't have anything that has a value. I already have diabetes & depression and can't work. Our rent will be due in a few days and we will get an eviction notice by the 3'rd of December. We don't know what to do or who to turn to. Please help us, so we can find a way to keep our apartment. Thank you in advance for any information you can give us.
Pintos

Post by Pintos »

I need help paying rent and back rent due to a chain of events. I had unemployment abruptly halt in may 2012. It was suppose to last thru Dec.2012 then extension were cut-off as well due to state California. Made that decision saying unemployment went down, not true. Just people got cut off and not counted for. I went to my local city General assistance in which they require a residence verification form signed by owner-landlord in which he wouldn't sign. That caused a ripple effects toward my rent being paid and that has me to this day any day now I can be evicted, I have gone thru the process of staving off eviction. Trying just about everywhere to find help to no avail! Please help me stay off the streets and prevent me from going further in a downward spiral! You can call me. My name is Mary. I just want to pay all the way to current or so! I can give more details when contacted.
SquakB

Post by SquakB »

I am currently three months behind in my rent. I lost my job in December 2011 as an administrative assistant at a church. I have used up all my savings, 2011 income tax refund and help from family and friends to maintain up until July 2012. I currently owe now for October, November and December, soon January 2013. I would appreciate if I can get some help with getting the three months paid. I just got a job in October with a daycare working 17.5 hours a week. No that will not get me caught up but it is a start. My rent is $700.00 a month. Thank you for your help.
GogoJill

Post by GogoJill »

I am 32 years of age, was evicted from my apartment because I could not pay rent increase as well as additional charges for services I did not use (Island Club Apartments, Columbus, Ohio 43235). I am homeless and about at the end of my rope. Can you help? Is there anyone with a heart of compassion? I am using the wifi from a couple that new I got evicted. I have tried local churches-NOTHING! Please, just need a safe peaceful place. My contact person knows all about me. Most grateful for any compassion and TRUE-HELP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The churches in Columbus Ohio, or really any city, rarely offer rent help. Or if they do it is maybe a few dollars. But we have many other places to call. If you also say that your landlord is charging you for expenses that you did not incur, then contest it. So maybe you need legal support as well. But for the housing needs, try this for rent and deposit assistance in Columbus.
Pat Peterson

Post by Pat Peterson »

NEED HELP TO PAY $650 BACK RENT THAT WAS DUE ON 08/01/2015 AND $130 UTILITY BILL. COMPANY I WORKED FOR APPROXIMATELY SIX YEARS CLOSED DOWN 12/31/2015. I RECEIVED UNEMPLOYMENT. BUT MY UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS ENDED; AND MY BILLS STARTED BUILDING UP ON ME. WAS UNEMPLOYED FOR PAST SEVEN MONTHS? BUT I HAVE BECOME EMPLOYED BY "ATRIA" THIS MONTH (AUGUST 2015). I TRULY NEED THE HELP. PLEASE HELP ME.
Flower10

Post by Flower10 »

Hello, I live in Allentown PA.  I Desperately need assistance with getting caught up on back rent temporarily. My rent is 1200 a month and due to a family emergency in December we got off track paying rent on the first of the month. We owe back rent of 1000 for January and February 1 is fast approaching. We have been able to keep rent payed either on the first or shortly thereafter, so we are able to make our payments it's just that we got behind and since I am collecting unemployment and my fiancé doesn't work we are in possible danger of being asked to leave. Our landlord has been very gracious with us in the past but is possibly seeking to sell this house. We have lived here for four years and have grown very attached to it and would eventually like to buy it. We have two children. One 12 year old daughter with special needs and a 3 year old boy. This is only temporary and if a loan is required would be able to pay back with a reasonable payment amount. Thank you for your time and consideration and we desperately look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience for help, as we are desperate for help.
Sincerely