Eviction prevention

Find how to get help with rent
Bootle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Eviction prevention

Post by Bootle »

Hello Need Help Paying Bills,
I am seeking an appointment for counseling about delaying an upcoming eviction from my home. My case's facts:
1. I am 42 years old, never married, lives alone, no family.
2. Lived in my fourth floor walk-up apartment since 1985. My name has always
been on the Lease Contract.
3. Last full time job ended March 20101. Unemployment ran out. Found two
temporary jobs one in 2010 and another in 2011. Presently, actively seeking
employment.
4. I have 18 years in management, Plus 8 years in Sales - all in NYC.
I have a BA from the College of New York.
And I am definitely employable. I get a fair amount of good job interviews. Have
been very actively seeking employment of any kind. Still no work.
5. Savings are gone and no family help.
6. October and November's rents are unpaid.
I was hoping you can help me sort through what options I have. Possibly what grants/aids I can apply to for assistance. And/or help in delaying an eviction until employment comes into place.
Cordially,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Eviction prevention

Post by Admin »

Here is our details on New York City rental assistance. Probably the main place you want to call is the New York City Department of Homeless Services, and they have offices around the region and boroughs. All of the phone numbers are listed for you.
Bootle wrote:Hello Need Help Paying Bills,
I am seeking an appointment for counseling about delaying an upcoming eviction from my home. My case's facts:
1. I am 42 years old, never married, lives alone, no family.
2. Lived in my fourth floor walk-up apartment since 1985. My name has always
been on the Lease Contract.
3. Last full time job ended March 20101. Unemployment ran out. Found two
temporary jobs one in 2010 and another in 2011. Presently, actively seeking
employment.
4. I have 18 years in management, Plus 8 years in Sales - all in NYC.
I have a BA from the College of New York.
And I am definitely employable. I get a fair amount of good job interviews. Have
been very actively seeking employment of any kind. Still no work.
5. Savings are gone and no family help.
6. October and November's rents are unpaid.
I was hoping you can help me sort through what options I have. Possibly what grants/aids I can apply to for assistance. And/or help in delaying an eviction until employment comes into place.
Cordially,
My_friend

Post by My_friend »

Good morning, i have a friend that is struggling and will get evicted on Friday. I know she went to social services but they were only about to do 800. But its like 2100 due by Friday. She lost her job and is struggling to take care of her son and mother who is sick. I couldn't help her so i started researching things for her to give her a good nite sleep from all this crying. Is there anything you can? Or is there something she can do to prevent eviction on Friday.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$800 is a lot of money. I am shocked they would give that much. That is very generous from social services. Friday is not much time. Also look for other rental assistance in Tarrant County which can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ren ... worth.html
My_friend wrote:Good morning, i have a friend that is struggling and will get evicted on Friday. I know she went to social services but they were only about to do 800. But its like 2100 due by Friday. She lost her job and is struggling to take care of her son and mother who is sick. I couldn't help her so i started researching things for her to give her a good nite sleep from all this crying. Is there anything you can? Or is there something she can do to prevent eviction on Friday.
Lodging

Post by Lodging »

My roommate has moved out and I work part time. I was late turning in rent because my roommate moved out with such short notice. I had to wait 2 weeks to get my next paycheck just so that I can pay the remaining of my late rent. Now I’m already late on my utility bill because I used my money from my paycheck for late rent. I have no other source of income and I know that if I don't come up with any extra money I will be evicted in March 2013. Now that my roommate has moved out I don’t know what to do. I desperately need help and anything is appreciated thank you!
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

I am a single mother who is currently pregnant and working. For 6 days I was hospitalized and this caused me to miss 3 days of work. I have used up all of my sick time and my check was short about $300. I need rental assistance immediately because I received a 3 day eviction notice on my door. I need to know are there any resources available to me to get financial help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did the landlord provide any other communication on the eviction, or just post it to your door. As a posting may not be enough. Anyway, we have programs listed by state and city for tenants to turn to for financial help or advice, and read more on eviction assistance.
RescueDogger

Post by RescueDogger »

I have an eviction notice that I am facing for the 8th of December that I received on November 21th. I have to pay $ 492 in order to keep my apartment. I'm 5 months pregnant and currently not working. Can someone please help me? I live in Houston, TX area 77060. I don't have a car or any family I'm out of resources. Thank you for contacting me. My phone is no longer on I can only be reached through Email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are homeless prevention programs in Houston to try.. Maybe go for them. They may give you legal aid, rehouse you, or maybe some grants for some of that back rent. Good luck!

RescueDogger wrote:I have an eviction notice that I am facing for the 8th of December that I received on November 21th. I live in Houston, TX area 77060.