facing eviction and need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
KerryLong
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

facing eviction and need rent help

Post by KerryLong »

I recently lost my job and am now in a financial bind. I did visit your website and noticed you all provide assistance for utilities. Do you provide rental assistance as well? If not, can you guide me to someone who can? I have received a 10 day notice and currently have no funds or a place where my children and I can go even temporarily. I've contacted various organizations, but have had no success. Either because there is no funding available at the present time or is not provided. As of now, we literally have 6 days to vacate or provide rent along with late fees to the apartment manager. If you are not able to assist me financially, do you have contact information for resources that perhaps can? I greatly appreciate your assistance in advance. I can be reached via email, Thank you again.
LisaPark

Re: facing eviction and need rent help

Post by LisaPark »

I live in San Jose and also am facing eviction. I will be thinking about you, and hoping that things work out for both us us. Godo luck
sam1

Post by sam1 »

I am in desperate need of assistance with my rent. Eviction is looming and I am very sick I have diabetes and the stress is bad my blood sugars have been over 300 lately and I have an abscess that is making me very sick. I don't know how I will heal if I am homeless. I don't know what to do. I live in Ft. Pierce and have talked to mustard seed and they can't help untill Todd finds a job and he will he is looking. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Is Fort Pierce in the state of Washington? If so, here are several different state of Washington government programs, including eviction and rent programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Maybe the main one in Washington state is the so called Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA), which can help renters in the state pay up to 12 months worth of their rent.
sam1 wrote:I am in desperate need of assistance with my rent. Eviction is looming and I am very sick I have diabetes and the stress is bad my blood sugars have been over 300 lately and I have an abscess that is making me very sick. I don't know how I will heal if I am homeless. I don't know what to do. I live in Ft. Pierce and have talked to mustard seed and they can't help untill Todd finds a job and he will he is looking. Please help.
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

I was currently renting an apartment in a town near here in Tulsa Oklahoma.I was pregant and working with a one year old son at home .I lost my job due to me misscarring my second child I have no way to pay rent this month I alone and will be homeless soon with my son if I can't pay my rent please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that about pregnancy. Terrible, especially around the holiday. Here is info on organizations and assistance programs in Tulsa. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tul ... rogra.html
Try places and charities like Restore Hope Ministries 918-582-5766
Another option may be the Community Action Project of Tulsa County, phone # (918) 382-3200
These are some different rent and housing programs in the area.
jbeers1 wrote:I was currently renting an apartment in a town near here in Tulsa Oklahoma.I was pregant and working with a one year old son at home .I lost my job due to me misscarring my second child I have no way to pay rent this month I alone and will be homeless soon with my son if I can't pay my rent please help.
mikej23231

Post by mikej23231 »

Hello, I need a one time assistance in paying my back portion of rent beofre I get evicted. My mother house which I am living in was in Probate court but due to the taxing was behind the wayne county treasure dept took the home out of probate and put on the market to be aution while at teh same time the probate judge had awarded the home to me. Now the new owners have sent me an evition notice but I thought I could fight it in court but I loss the case and noe I have up until the 25th of april to move or pay the back amount and set up a month to month lease agreement to stay in the home. the amount they are asking for is $3,250.00 if I can get a one time assistance I would really apprecitate it. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The $3250 is a lot of money needed. Probably too much. Even a month to month lease would not give you much security is staying in an apartment. So for general rent help try this link. It references dozens of rental assistance programs from both the federal government as well as local charities and non-profits. Also links on the left can provide information on Wayne County Michigan assistance programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
mikej23231 wrote:Hello, I need a one time assistance in paying my back portion of rent beofre I get evicted. My mother house which I am living in was in Probate court but due to the taxing was behind the wayne county treasure dept took the home out of probate and put on the market to be aution while at teh same time the probate judge had awarded the home to me. Now the new owners have sent me an evition notice but I thought I could fight it in court but I loss the case and noe I have up until the 25th of april to move or pay the back amount and set up a month to month lease agreement to stay in the home. the amount they are asking for is $3,250.00 if I can get a one time assistance I would really apprecitate it. Thank You
Sonya

Post by Sonya »

my name is sarah I'm 20 years old I'm a single mother living in transitional program, I don't have a job and I need help paying my rent. I'm a full-time student at Argosy University Online, I'm pursuing a bachelor degree in psychology.I really need help paying for my rent since I can't afford anything at this time. I recently got an eviction notice. my roommate informed me of this recent news while i was out of town due to a death in the family. The eviction noticed stated that we had up until june 12 to pay our remaining balance of 3400.00. The problem is we dont have 3400 to kick out. We need help or assistance.How do we go about doing this? Thank you for your time
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great Sarah that you are a student and going back to school to improve your chances of getting a job, higher chances of income, and continuing to learn. Try looking into eviction prevention programs for that notice. Many are run by your local community action agency, the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or other non-profit groups in your area. Federal government funds are used to support them. Read about them from the link above, and purse financial assistance from this rent/eviction assistance programs and non-profits.
Sonya wrote:my name is sarah I'm 20 years old I'm a single mother living in transitional program, I don't have a job and I need help paying my rent. I'm a full-time student at Argosy University Online, I'm pursuing a bachelor degree in psychology.I really need help paying for my rent since I can't afford anything at this time. I recently got an eviction notice. my roommate informed me of this recent news while i was out of town due to a death in the family. The eviction noticed stated that we had up until june 12 to pay our remaining balance of 3400.00. The problem is we dont have 3400 to kick out. We need help or assistance.How do we go about doing this? Thank you for your time
Hooloway

Post by Hooloway »

I need help paying rent this month. I have not ever needed help as bad as I do now! If I get evicted, me and my two kids, ages 2 and 11 will have no where to go! My youngest son is deaf and can not go to every school. He must go to the school by the apartment I just moved into 4 months ago. I lost my job on 6-15-11 and was denied Unemployment. I need soap. I need to wash clothes. I finally got good stamps, I have no income! and can not work because my back/arm/shoulder/wrist/elbow hurts so bad, i almost feel like I'll pass out. I've been to chiropractor and a Crainal Therapist. I went to emergency room couple nights ago but was let go soon after I got there. I was referred to an orthopedic and neurologist. Since I was denied medicaid, I have no way of seeing these doctors to help me get well. ::::I need help with my rent for one month. August has got to bring me some work/income. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you applied for disability or unemployment? At least that will give you some form of income. In the meantime, find Cincinnatti rent assistance programs and agencies. They have eviction prevention funds, and often personal hygiene items like sounds like you need to. Why were you denied medicaid? Seems like you should qualify for some type of medical care.
Hooloway wrote:I need help paying rent this month. I have not ever needed help as bad as I do now! If I get evicted, me and my two kids, ages 2 and 11 will have no where to go! My youngest son is deaf and can not go to every school. He must go to the school by the apartment I just moved into 4 months ago. I lost my job on 6-15-11 and was denied Unemployment. I need soap. I need to wash clothes. I finally got good stamps, I have no income! and can not work because my back/arm/shoulder/wrist/elbow hurts so bad, i almost feel like I'll pass out. I've been to chiropractor and a Crainal Therapist. I went to emergency room couple nights ago but was let go soon after I got there. I was referred to an orthopedic and neurologist. Since I was denied medicaid, I have no way of seeing these doctors to help me get well. ::::I need help with my rent for one month. August has got to bring me some work/income. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you,
Patty

Post by Patty »

I am a single mom of 3 beautiful girls in Toledo. A back surgery has rendered me unable to work & our rent has gotten behind. We have a mobile home & pay only lot rent. My only income is child support at this time & I have applied for college grants as I would love to go back for nursing. But because we owe approx. $4050.00, we face losing our home on 8/1/11!!! However,my landlord will accept a $2000.00 payment by 8/1/11-AND WE CAN KEEP OUR HOME!! Please-every little bit helps-my girls and I are facing being homeless on Monday. We don't have a computer right now, nor do we have a vehicle, so it is sometimes difficult to check my e-mails. God Bless You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can only reply via email or in this forum. Do not accept phone calls. But there are options in Toledo Ohio and Lucas County. First you need to worry about your home before those college grants. Look into the Toledo Ohio assistance programs, like the Economic Opportunity Planning Association of Greater Toledo, Inc. at 419) 242-7304. Or call another Lucas county non-profit, the Christ the King Church which has limited financial assistance. Phone (419) 475-4348. Both may have emergency rent help, and of course use the link I sent too.
Patty wrote:I am a single mom of 3 beautiful girls in Toledo. A back surgery has rendered me unable to work & our rent has gotten behind. We have a mobile home & pay only lot rent. My only income is child support at this time & I have applied for college grants as I would love to go back for nursing. But because we owe approx. $4050.00, we face losing our home on 8/1/11!!! However,my landlord will accept a $2000.00 payment by 8/1/11-AND WE CAN KEEP OUR HOME!! Please-every little bit helps-my girls and I are facing being homeless on Monday. We don't have a computer right now, nor do we have a vehicle, so it is sometimes difficult to check my e-mails. God Bless You.
TrakP1

Post by TrakP1 »

I got injured on the job while sheet rocking. Date of accident: 05/09/2011 Injuries : Right arm, Big toe, shoulder, and lower back Since the date of accident in New York City I got to see the knee doctor in May of 2011 when I had surgery in Dec of 2011 I just recently went to see knee doctor again and was told I need six more months of therapy if not he will have to do surgery again, an year has gone by and I finally got to see foot doctor just this month on Feb 16, 2012 where doctor place an cast on my foot. I have been walking around with an fraction on my big toe for the past few years. I got evicted from my Bronx apartment due to non payment from insurance carrier ( Amtrust ) around the same time I had knee surgery and had to relocate to South Carolina. As an child I lived in the projects and grew up on welfare. I have work very had not to depend on the working people and provide for my family on my own. I got an career became an union carpenter, and I am also an show carpenter for the New York Madison Square Garden. I have recently been cut off my benefits again! And was also told by lawyers that my payments have been reduce. I do not understand first they say payments should be according to how much you make in 40 hours. I already had an pay cut I was already getting way less then what I make when I am working. I was getting 1200.00 hundred every two weeks now they want to give 422.00 every two weeks. As an single mother of an disable little girl and another boy, this will not cover cost of living, keep in mind I do not receive any type of government assistance for my daughter, my son or myself. I have grown accustom to living a certain way in safe neighborhoods, clean environments , and better schools for my child. I refuse to have that taken away from me after I work so hard. Any advise would be greatly appreciated !