Landlord evicting me

Find how to get help with rent
Fleecesweaters
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Landlord evicting me

Post by Fleecesweaters »

I'm currently living in a place I've never missed rent for over a year & my landlord is kicking me out, I was on month to month lease & I have no ideas why he is asking me to leave! I have a child & am currently in process of bring diagnosed with a severe thyroid problem I'm waiting on temporary disability/soc security application & have some money in savings, I have no family to ask for help & this is holiday time & am very scared I might not have enough to move out & any help will be appreciated please contact me. My landlord lives above me comes in & out of my place everyday without knocking, he had moved some of my belongings out already into the street even though my 30 days are not up I have recordings of him harassing me. Witness letters from friends who he has been rude to, he walks in while I'm in bathroom her ids creating a very stressful environment for me & daughter, I'm scared to stay there & I have never broken any laws & have 2 college degrees so it is very hard to ask for help from someone. So I hope to hear from you & god bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Landlord evicting me

Post by Admin »

That may be illegal for him to kick you out. Have you spoke to a free legal aid organization? They can usually help with landlord / tenant issues, and in particular illegal evictions. He also can't just walk in out of the blue. Must knock or provide minimal notice. What does your lease say about hi right to enter the apartment?
So here are some free legal programs for you in New York state. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... rovid.html Call around and you may qualify for help.
Fleecesweaters wrote:I'm currently living in a place I've never missed rent for over a year & my landlord is kicking me out, I was on month to month lease & I have no ideas why he is asking me to leave! I have a child & am currently in process of bring diagnosed with a severe thyroid problem I'm waiting on temporary disability/soc security application & have some money in savings, I have no family to ask for help & this is holiday time & am very scared I might not have enough to move out & any help will be appreciated please contact me. My landlord lives above me comes in & out of my place everyday without knocking, he had moved some of my belongings out already into the street even though my 30 days are not up I have recordings of him harassing me. Witness letters from friends who he has been rude to, he walks in while I'm in bathroom her ids creating a very stressful environment for me & daughter, I'm scared to stay there & I have never broken any laws & have 2 college degrees so it is very hard to ask for help from someone. So I hope to hear from you & god bless.
Giants

Post by Giants »

we are behind with or landlord and we owe more than 2000 dollars we don't wish to leave our house we its the cheapest place we can afford and we don't wish to leave our home please understand how the economy...theirs not a lot of places to go and please help us if you help us pay we would be back on track ...please help us anywhere we go we need we would always need a ssn which my mom does not have one since shes the oldest and i don't have my dad and it s only me and my two brothers...so please help me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So how many months does $2,000 mean. As that is key. Are you one month behind, or 4? So to answer your question too, some programs can help families with children make it through a difficult period, and find your Oakland California rent programs too. Once again, if it is the cheapest right now, what is the rent you are paying, and can you share housing too.
Giants wrote:we are behind with or landlord and we owe more than 2000 dollars we don't wish to leave our house we its the cheapest place we can afford and we don't wish to leave our home please understand how the economy...theirs not a lot of places to go and please help us if you help us pay we would be back on track ...please help us anywhere we go we need we would always need a ssn which my mom does not have one since shes the oldest and i don't have my dad and it s only me and my two brothers...so please help me
City Girl

Post by City Girl »

Please help me. I have my two kids living with me and I'm getting evicted. I have 3 days until they come take us out of our apartment. We have absolutely no where to go and no money to pay for any sort of shelter. My roommate that was suppose to help me pay my rent bailed out on me and left me to deal with this on my own with my two kids. I'm really desperate for help. I have no one to help me. I've tried getting help with no luck and I'm running out of time. Please if anyone out there can help me just this once I'll be forever in your debt.
Wasted

Post by Wasted »

I was online looking thru state websites and came upon your website for help with water bills and rent if you have fallen behind. I am on Social Security Disability, I do work part time but just a few hours and they have been cut down because of lack of work with my disabilities. I am two months behind on my rent and I know my landlord will be starting eviction procedures, I am very scared.
Armstrong

Post by Armstrong »

LOSS OF JOB, AFTER 12 YEARS, UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS RAN OUT. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY MONEY FOR 4 WEEKS. NO FOOD IN HOUSE BECAUSE I HAVE NO MONEY AND NO ELECTRIC. MY ELECTRIC BEEN TURNED OFF FOR 5 WEEKS NOW. I AM AT MY BREAKING POINT, MY SON THINKS I AM A FAILURE BECAUSE HE NOW KNOWS I AM A MONTH BEHIND IN RENT AND MY LANDLORD IS GOING TO THE COURTS AS OF NEXT WEEK TO START EVICTION PROCEDURES.
Rashel

Post by Rashel »

I’m disabled with a bladder disease. I have a 17 year old son and a hard working husband. We were evicted and must leave by 11/23 as we rented from a slum lord in San Bernardino California who refused to fix water damage, mold, ac etc. I need help immediately I just had surgery in my bladder last week and the stress in causing so much additional pain. I am not asking for money I don’t think, what I need is someone to help talk to a apartment complex or landlord and have them give us a chance to rent from them we have rent for the month plus deposit. We will get a co-signer. I’ve contact private landlords, apartments, realtors and been denied by all. We came into financial problems years ago but have steady good income now and for a while. No one will find it in their heart that my son needs a bed a place to call home.
Norisez

Post by Norisez »

My family is being evicted from our current home. Due to owner losing house to foreclosure. I have a three year old daughter, four month old. I am a student who has had to take some time off of school due to child birth. My boyfriend has had a really hard time finding work. We are currently receiving a welfare grant. I really need to find a place for my family to live if you can help with information send to Portland, OR 97266.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Co-signers for a lease are rare as too many lead to evictions. Also, one of the things about renting is no one forces anyone to lease a home. So if you rented from a slumlord, you could have left at anytime. It was your choice to live there. As far as someone to talk to a landlord about your eviction, you can try mediation as a tool for prevention. More information on the process is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

Hello,         My name is Joshua. I’m seeking assistance for paying my rent as the landlord is eviting met. My friend Summer and I moved into an apartment during September of last year. I had a job paying 12 an hour and summer had one paying 14. Eventually I lost my job during January, and I found some place hiring next to me at 9 an hour. It was something for the time being until I found a better one.
At the beginning of April summer lost her job, and the money she was payed she spent on her other personal bills. I spent majority of my money on the bills that we had since I had no help from summer. It wasn’t until last week she got a job. We are currently looking at paying nearly 1,900, but I am not seeing any way of us being able to do that before the landlord is to evict me and Summer.The beginning stages of eviction has started. If we are able to pay that off then we can file for an early leave. Please help.